Storing/Displaying Fantasy Knives

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Lilyrayne, May 17, 2004.

1. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

My husband has this big fantasy knife collection. Currently, most of them are displayed by being laid out on top of the entertainment stand in the rec room, which takes up a lot of space and looks sorta cluttery.

The thing is, I need a groovy way to display and store them at the same time, without it taking up so much space ... like on the wall or something. Unfortunately, most of these knives are not made for wall display. But I want them on the wall anyway. Can anyone think of any good ideas as to what to do with them????

2. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

You could make a coffee table/dinner table with a glass top, tand under the glass top is a compartment where they are displayed so when you look down into the table you have these fantasy knifes looking up at you :)

3. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

That's actually a pretty good idea. The only problem is, I already have a coffee table and there's not much room for anything else in the house. But that IS a good idea!

4. charredacacia

charredacacia Member

get an old log with lots of cracks and stuff in it, then stick them in it and attach the log to the wall

5. Oklahoma

Oklahoma Member

Well, depending on the shape of the blades, you might be able to use a magnetic knife strip. That's what I use for my kitchen knives. Or, you could get a couple strips of wood (like about a half an inch thick), glue some felt or something soft to them, use a couple of screws to connect them, and drop the blades down between the two pieces.

6. ForestDweller

ForestDweller Member

7. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... now that might work...

8. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

check out the blade display at Nature's treasures in Midwest City (on 15th)

also the Asian knick-knack shop at Crossroads mall

9. DragonLady

DragonLady Member

I have many medieval knives and swords. The swords are on the walls. The smaller daggers are on display stands in my room.

The shadowbox idea is very nice. You can purchase display stands you can put on the wall anywhere that sell collectible knives.

10. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

brilliant idea :) u actually stole it from under me, I was about to say...

Also, if the knives aren't made for wall display, then maybe having to customize some sort of rack so they can be hung may likely be the best alternative.