Stonehenge Summer Solstice

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by magicmonkey, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Merlin

Merlin Member

I'll be going to both. To my knowledge acoustic instruments will be allowed onto the Stonehenge site so that's cool. I think camping bags won't be allowed so I'm not sure where I'll keep mine while I'm in there.

2. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

Does that mean my campervan might not be allowed into the car park?

3. Merlin

Merlin Member

I'm not sure about that one. You should be able to find out by checking out the English Heritage website. I've forgotten what the URL is though.

4. Merlin

Merlin Member

5. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

i dont know much either, i cant do a backwards weave but i can spin the weave round my body.

6. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

I've just found out that I will be leaving from London on Saturday afternoon.

I would have left earlier but I've just had a phonecall from the uni offering me a place and they want me to go up there Saturday morning.

7. boog

boog A square peg

yey me too :)

dhARmaMiLlO likes this.
  8. magicmonkey

magicmonkey Member

Really!!! Now that's one they don't teach you on home of poi. If I see you there I'll have to con you into teaching me that one...

9. ArtLoveMusic

haha yea home of pois pretty cool, only problem i found is my computers upstairs and i can only get it by watching the vid.. so i watch... run downstairs pick up poi get out side and...."what was i sposed to do again?!" ... *rolls eyes*

Its really not hard to do, thing home of poi doesnt teach ou is to move while you poi, so many people stand static, i love to dance while i poi :) so when i do a weave i lift my arms up and over my head or summat and let it spin round me kinda :S ...arg i duno ive nenevr watched me doing it... i just go with the flow... i kind just picked things up from closing my eyes and moving :S

10. emilie

emilie Member

Yey I'm definitely coming along, am meeting Dharmamillo at Salisbury and trekking up to Stonehenge with him on the Saturday :)
    *excitedness* :D

11. boog

boog A square peg

aye but it gets a bit painfull when they smack ya round the chops. still heavy when not aflame.:)
    i think am gonna bring my practice poi with glowy things on the end for people to play with :) mmmmmmm glowy

12. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

Right I haven't met anyone here before ... so this is me ... so please say hello if you spot me there ... I don't bite

(and I seem to lose the ability to smile in photo's)

13. ArtLoveMusic

Hey Paul. we shoudlnt be easy to miss. Umm i get there on sunday but i will be all in purple if u havent spoted anyone by then :S
    im me in my sig pic... only more colourful and i wont have my foot in my mouth :p

14. Merlin

Merlin Member

Here is me. :)

15. Merlin

Merlin Member

Hmm...that last one was way too small.

16. magicmonkey

magicmonkey Member

I had a practice last night and managed to not hit myself in the face or sear any flesh what so ever, I must be improving!

I found a site with much better videos than home of poi as well, have a look at www.domorepoi.com they have better quality videos and a slow motion bit as well, lots more tricks too!

I thought the glow poi were known for being a bit on the heavy side and a lot nastier to hit yourself with than a relatively soft wick, are there soft ones out there as well? And if there are, where do you get them from?

17. ArtLoveMusic

heya yea you can get softer ones from http://www.firetoys.com but the reason they are heavyer and harder is because they contain the battery pack and buld in the poi. You can get little flashing ball pois though like the ones ravers wear round their necks.

I was fire poiing last night, teaching chickabean :D was Funny.
    Cant wait to get my own set :D:D dad orderd them yasterday... dunno when ill get em though :S

18. magicmonkey

magicmonkey Member

yeah, I was poiing untill about 2 this morning and I didn't hit myself on the head once, it's a bloody miracle! I usually come away with patches of hair missing...

I bought my fire poi from www.firetoys.co.uk, really good service but the glow poi are really over priced, I'll stick to burning myself until I'm rich I think.

19. ArtLoveMusic

Hehe ive been lucky enough not to burn myself YET.

Im gunna\ get some glow poi soon too, i asked dad for either or but he got me the fire as i gave him that link first. :)

20. magicmonkey

magicmonkey Member

Doh! On my first go I used fire and ended up with a massive burn on my arm, still waiting for it to heal up propperly a week and a half later, and I went from having hairy arms to having patches of hair on my arms pretty quickly as well! I guess I'm not as quick a learner as I thought I was with these things.

Nice job getting the fire ones first though, much more fun than a ball on a string...