Stonehenge Summer Solstice

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by magicmonkey, Jun 2, 2004.

1. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

ok decision time...

i am going to go to the solstice, i am going to go to the solstice, i am going to go to the solstice...sorry for the repeition im just psyching myself up :)

i am goin to tell my pastor that im going and if he says no...well im going to go anyway.

please, giles..claire...dharm-nuttah-searchin-for-an-inflatable-fish...hold me to this decision...if i start to back out...giles, you know what to do...

K I D N A P

coolio, see you at stonehenge :)

2. SunshineLily

SunshineLily Member

I may be down on the friday now and going back on the sunday... Does anybody know anyway of getting to the stones from Salisbury station?
    Love,
    Sunny
    xxx

3. dhARmaMiLlO

dhARmaMiLlO Member

Myself and eight others will be hiking north from Salisbury on Sat 19th at high noon. One night in a wood then over to the main campsite on Sunday.
    We've got 3 days worth of food and water to carry which is a bummer. But, the walk is beautiful, with plenty of rests(spliff-breaks).
    Anyone who wants to come along PM me.

~
    [​IMG]

4. emilie

emilie Member

Okie thanks a lot :) Still sounds slightly scary getting so many buses though :eek:.....

Dharmamillo ~ I have sent you a PM :)

5. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Hey all, me and Jaycee are going to go to bristol on the 19th (another of out little adventures) then on the evening of the 19th there is an anual party in a pub called the blueflame vaguely near stone henge (well that side of the country) and my mum and a lot of old old old friends will be there (all with spiffy motorbikes and such and such) so i shall be drinking and partaying there probably that night, then we are heading over to meet you guys on the 20th :) :) :) *bounces* wow this is going to be the BEST birthday EVER!! THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL BEING MY FRIEND!! (sorry ive had bad birthdsay experiances in the past so am looking forward to this one :))

6. emilie

emilie Member

Aww bless you Fleassy! I hope you have a really wonderful day - you deserve it :) I look forward to seeing you at Stonehenge :D *fingers crossed I can get there*

7. ArtLoveMusic

aww emmie you'll get there dont worry :) i cant wait to meet you, so many wonderful photos of you i have seen yet im sure the real thing will exceed every one :)

8. SunshineLily

SunshineLily Member

:confused: I haven't got a clue how i'm going to get there... I may not be able to go.
    I'll try to think of a way, but I really don't know now so just all have a wonderful time.

9. ArtLoveMusic

we will find a way to get you there... you might end up hearing a knock at your door and fininga hippy-drawn carriage awaiting you :)

10. Maon

Maon Member

prepare to be kidnapped ... :D

11. emilie

emilie Member

Eeep :eek: I really hope you can come Sunny....like Fleassy said, we'll get you there. :) *crosses fingers super tight*
    xXx

12. magicmonkey

magicmonkey Member

Well everyone, I just started to learn the fire poi so I'll be up there waving them around like a mad mand if anyone wants to come say hi, I'll be the one with singed hair and soot stains all over him!

13. ArtLoveMusic

hey monkey, hopefully i will be getting a set that weekend (if my parents get me what i asked for :p) and so i shall be joinging you, it will be wikkid to use my own set at last rather than having to steal other peoples :)

14. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

So how many people from here are definitely going?

I should be there and can possibly offer lifts to anyone who needs one ... however, I won't know whether I'll be setting out from London or elsewhere and on what day though until later on this week.

15. Merlin

Merlin Member

I'm definitely going. If I can get a lift (from possibly somewhere in Yorkshire, Leeds would be good, or the north west) then it's more likely I will set off on friday. But I definitely want to have departed for Wiltshire by the end of saturday.

If I'm getting a lift from Maon, then it's likely to be friday. Otherwise I'll be going on my own by train. I'll be getting 1 train from this town to Preston, another train from there to Bristol, a train from there to Salisbury and finally making my way to Salisbury plain from there, then we'll see what happens. :p
    Here is my cellphone number if anyone wants to contact me.

16. Merlin

Merlin Member

My cellphone number is: 0774 990 1173

17. boog

boog A square peg

oo if we'r all bringing poi ill bring mine aswell :D mmmmmm fiery.
    so far my plan is, train to salisbury. then no idea. either on sat or sun not sure on that eithere .

18. magicmonkey

magicmonkey Member

Is there anyone going to Avebury instead of Stonehenge? Having looked at the restrictions they're putting on things at Stonehenge I'm begining to wonder if it's worth it (no fire, no music etc.)

19. magicmonkey

magicmonkey Member

Well Fleasy, if I see you there I'll have to con you into teaching me a few moves, I'm only just beginning at the moment and have less than a weeks experience but seem to be picking it up pretty quickly (still can't get the weave behind my back god damn it!)

20. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

I appear to be going by train on saturday morning to salisbury then walking with dharmarrillo 12 miles to the site