Stonehenge Summer Solstice

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by magicmonkey, Jun 2, 2004.

1. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

hey dandi how you getting back on the monday? if your getting the train can i travel with you? im going down for sat sun and mon i think :)

2. whispera

whispera Member

Is there anyone that is passing anywhere near Edinbugh? cause we could then hitch up but im not sure about hitching by myself.
    claire

3. stardust

stardust Banned

can you tell me more about world juggling day ... please .. i want to get a performance together and want to hook up with some people who i can shoot the shit with .. so to speak in a crass kind of way .. :rolleyes:

thanks thanks thanks ..

Maon signed in as stardust on her pc ....... damn thing :cool:

peace

4. autumn_jewels

autumn_jewels Member

hi maon :)

wjd is 18th-20th june in ambleside. weblink is: www.minimansell.com/wjdindex.html

i shall be there for definate! be nice to see you there. people at wjd in the lakes dont really do much....its more a do nothing weekend for jugglers lol, last year they jokingly called it juggling apathy day.

to keep up with juggly stuff check out:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/uk_jugglers

and:

www.jugglingdb.com :)

ill tell you what you would both love is the nine day bristol juggling festival in september (18- 26th). Its £70 (day tickets - £9)

peace
    autumn x

5. stardust

stardust Banned

cool .. if we are here .. we may be in croatia tho not definate yet, then we would love to be there ... know a couple of jugglers from oddballs, camden. any other meetings that take place would love to here about .. as you may or may not know we are now living on the road full time, so its possible to get anywhere anytime within reason ... anyways , speak laters .. have fun up in ambleside, we will be in a layby at that time down south ... ambles side is only an hour and a half from the barge .. kickass place .. have a good time up there, wish we could get there.

Maon

6. SunshineLily

SunshineLily Member

Right, i've got work on the monday and i'm down at a pub in Winchester (and hOpefully taken back to stay the night somewhere after that... ;) ) on the friday, so saturday and sunday (19th and 20th) i'll try to be at stone henge! Who will be there at that time?

I'm not joking I really can't wait to see you all again!
    Lotsly Love,
    Sunny
    xxx

7. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

*coughs* 20th is my birthday (repeats lo0udly just so people remember to give her the bumps) so we better all have a wikkid day then :) maon is it ok if i hook along with you guys to avebury after? depending on how it goes, im broke though so i'd litterally be hooking on :S

8. SunshineLily

SunshineLily Member

I'll try to have you a little something for your birthday Fleassy :)

9. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

:eek: no i only want to be given the bumps... its been years since i have had them :) ... and then it was the mean kids putting me in the water trough.. and then onto the doung heap..... at the horse stables... i hate kids :(

10. emilie

emilie Member

*Feels silly* Where abouts is Stonehenge actually located? It doesn't say on the website....also is there a train station situated nearby? I'm travelling from Hereford.
    Would really love to come along though, would be wonderful to meet people :)

11. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

i am currently sulking because my boss/pastor has said i cant go to the solstice :(

i think i still will tho ;)

12. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Thank god for multimap!!!!

13. DoktorAtomik

Is that in his capacity as your boss or your pastor? :D

14. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

i actaully think this decision was pastoral which is why im SO PISSED OFF!!!!! raaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!:mad:

ahem...

15. DoktorAtomik

Easy solution. Tell him you're only going so you can spread the word to the pagans! ;)

16. Midsummersun

Midsummersun Member

Emilie,

Stonehenge is about 10 miles north of Salisbury, which, I'm afraid os your nearest train station. You'd need to get the bus to Amesbury or Shrewton, but the latter only runs once a day the last time I checked. From Amesbury it's a short walk along the A303. Alternatively get the bus beyond Amesbury to Larkhill and jump off at Woodhenge. There are always people camping there who move onto the Stones whenever it opens. I'm sure other people could suggest other places to chill during the day but I'm from that big ol' village beside Woodhenge, so I'll be heading back there for the week.

17. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

he thinks i spend too much time with the pagans as it is! :) raaaaaaa...this is so unfair! i dont have a life

18. DoktorAtomik

Joinnnnnnn ussssssssss.................

19. Merlin

Merlin Member

Chickabean, if you want to go to Stonehenge but you need to get the time off work just use the classic technique - Do a 'sickie'!!

20. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! ok then :)

merlin-i would but ive asked for those days off and been refused so its obvious now...

ah ha!! a brain wave!! can someone kidnap me?! :)