Stone deoderant?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Sunburst, May 16, 2004.

1. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

I was in Mood Menders yesterday (a new age hippie-type store), and I came across this deoderant stone thingy. It's a whiteish rock in a bag that you need to get wet then use instead of deoderant.
    Are these good? Cuz I don't wanna waste almost $10.00 if it's not gonna be worth it...

2. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

yup worth it

superstore has them for about 5 bucks--i bought mine a couple of years ago. they last forever.

3. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Yeah it's good. Lick it, it's very salty. It's made out of natural mineral salts. While it's good at eliminating odors, remember, it's just a deodorant and not an antiperspirant--so it will do nothing for the wetness that comes with sweat. When i wear antiperspirant, often times i'll layer the crystal stick over it so i don't smell.

4. Dolphin~Rider

Dolphin~Rider Member

When I was riding my bike to work everyday in the heat that rock crystal thingy didn't work well for me. It's very hot here, especially in summertime, and I kinda stunk when I got to work. Had to stop using it. Of course, everyone has different body chemistry so it may be alright for you. I switched to Jason's natural deodorant for women-smells like apricot. Works well for me and not real expensive. They sell it at Whole Foods or Wild oats.

5. moonshine

moonshine Member

i bought some last year and i love it. i'll never use anything else. but yes, if you're excercising or doing a lot of heavy labor, you may have to reapply halfway through the day.

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I carry a second one for "touch ups" when working. since you are already sweaty, the moisture activates the salts which nips the odors fairly quickly.

7. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

i tried this briefly. it's better than nothing, but not as good as the "unnatural" stuff. i live in texas, it's pretty dang hot here, and i always felt a little funky at the end of the day.

8. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

Yay! I'll pick one up on my next paycheck on Friday:)Pff I don't care too much about wetness, cuz the stuff I have now sucks ass with that anyway:p

Eventually, I'll probably just quit and go with the natural scent, but prolly not til I'm out of school:p

9. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

Let the wetness happen. Our bodies perspire for a reason and we don't want to necessarily keep ourselves from sweating out the toxins built up in our system. Go for the stone and let yourself sweat to your heart's content.

10. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

monosphere speaks truth!

I have this forming hypothesis that we select our mates based on scent.
    If we override that consistently, we lie to others as to who and what we are and we get misled by their fake scent.
    Now accenting your natural scent is one thing but a full-blown mask will disconnect you.