Stone Butch Blues

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by rocknroll_girl, Aug 15, 2004.

1. rocknroll_girl

rocknroll_girl Member

I know one of the gals on here really dug Stone Butch Blues by Leslie Feinberg, and I wanted to let her know that I read it recently.

Loved the story, so emotional and depressing, I ached when I read this book.

Highly recommended queer reading.

2. Defence_mechanism

Defence_mechanism Member

yeah someone had it in their sig. its definately a must read.... i think its so full of hurt theres no way you cant ache when you read it... i love the letter at the very front.

actually, i bought my copy from a second hand bookstore and when i was reading it something fell out the back of the book. i picked it up and it was a letter... obviously taken inspiration from the letter in the book. it was so heart felt, but sadly only half-written. it never got sent. :(

*sigh*... i think Stone Butch Blues is on par with Boys Dont Cry, the movie.

3. rocknroll_girl

rocknroll_girl Member

ahhh, the descriptions of cop beatings are just so terrible. i almost threw the book down in the scene where they rape her. i did a few minutes later and vomitted, no lie. no book has ever had quite that physical impact on me.

i couldn't identify, persay, with a lot of the content...it wasn't like as a queer experience her writing specifically spoke to me...rather as a human story