Stinky Feet!!!

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by dixie_pixy, Jul 7, 2006.

1. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

How to cure stinky feet? My boyfriend has the absolute worst smelling feet in the whole world. So bad, he's attempted to keep his shoes on during sex before. I'm not really bothered by it too much but I can tell he is. So, what is a good remedy for this?

He's tried Odor Eaters, Oatmeal Baths, Washing between the toes excellently, Letting them soak in water, All the foot ointments there are (goldbond etc!)

But we are finally out of idears! Anybody have an at-home remedy?:rolleyes:

2. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

make sure he doesn't wear socks made with synthetic fibres, and that his shoes are real leather, not synthetic

synthetics (like nylons us chicks wear with skirts sometimes) tend to cause a ton of odour problems

3. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

maybe his feet sweat profusoly through out the day and that could cause his rank feet. what he could do is before he puts his shoes and socks on wash his feet the let them air dry for a couple minutes then put son baby powder on them and in the shoes and make sure that his shoes let his feet breathe. i had this problemfor a couple years it was just because i was wearing my shoes too tightly and that my socks were too heavy of material

4. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

maybe its the shoes... as someone already said.
    dont let him wear shoes anymore :p or maybe suggest to him to wear sandals

5. revolution_time

revolution_time Member

yeah, and, i've heard vodka actually helps cure stinky feet. it was a mythbusters, and it actually worked just as well as all the other brand-name stuff.

6. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

no the vodka wasnt for stinky feet it was for stinky breathe. you mix one cup of vodka and one cup of cinnamin and let it sit for two weeks and walla you got your own mouth wash

7. revolution_time

revolution_time Member

yeah, but didn't they do something for stinky feet to? i know they did mouthwash, but i'm fairly certain they soaked their feet in it too.

8. warmhandedcanadian

warmhandedcanadian shit storm chaser

or you could dump him.

;)

9. revolution_time

revolution_time Member

10. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Some people with really stinky feet have Zinc deficency. Maybe he should try a zinc supplement. Go to Revolution's recommended site, too.

11. nightwriter

nightwriter Member

I've known guys that use stick anti-perspirant on them. Maybe corn starch baby powder would work.

12. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

My Dad used to put Talcum powder in his boots before he went to work.
    Plus he washed them daily. Something he once told me. "Son, if you keep everything clean and dry, you'll never have a problem!" He was right!!!

13. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

My feet stink if I don't take extra care of them. I have to wear heavy boots for work all year. At lunch every day I take off the boots, wipe my feet down, dry and powder them and then put the boots back on with clean socks. Once I'm done working for the day I go barefoot or wear flip flops. At night I put my boots on a Peet boot dryer to dry up the days sweat. Shoes themselves also make a huge difference. My summer boots have breathable, mesh-like, uppers instead of all leather. Socks should be made from natural fibres also. For what it's worth I've had horrible success with leather tennis shoes. I do all right with a pair of canvas Converse, but the last pair of leather tennis shoes I wore were gross.

14. guy

guy Senior Member

1 wash feet
    2 dry feet
    3 paint some colloidal silver solution onto the bottom of said feet
    4 put socks on
    5 sprinkle some colloidal silver solution into the shoes
    6 problem solved

15. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

it's usually shoe odor more than foot odor.
    trap it and it breeds.
    I wash with peppermint soap (Dr. Bronner's liquid) then in the rinse water (a pitcher) a drop of tea tree and a drop or two of something that smells better than tea tree.
    I also wash my Chacos weekly with baking soda and the aforementioned Dr B's.

16. guy

guy Senior Member

i think the whole foot odour thing is caused by bacteria breeding in the shoe, like body odour under the arms. by killing the bacteria in the shoe ie putting a few drops of collodial silver in the shoe itself the smell goes away. i used to have raucous trainers (sneakers) but after i added the silver they no longer smell very much at all. when you buy the footware new put the silver in straight away, you don't have to put much in, 5 drops per shoe?

17. armstrong

armstrong Member

Hi,
    Greetings from the UK. When I was young, many years ago now, I had a smelly feet problem that was caused by 'athletes foot'. The cure is a powder called MYCIL athletes foot powder, not sure if you can buy it in The States, but if you can then try it, it works !! I'm sure any other similar product will work.
    Hope this helps.