Stinging Soles

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Deleted member 159087, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Barefooting midday blacktop at 80 degrees is certainly ouchy now and again, but it does tend to leave a lively dark stain AND tingling nerve endings for hours afterward. Really nice. Other opinions may vary.....

2. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Barefootin' always has it's downside - though the reward is worth it

nuspieds likes this.
  3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'm starting to dislike barefooting at the beach lately. i keep feeling these pricks in my soles, which are probably just shells but around here i always imagine that it's a dirty needle buried in the sand.

4. goodearth

goodearth Member

I found out that walking on dry sand caused wearing away the skin in small wedges that hurt when they hang on things. I try to walk the shoreline when possible.

5. goodearth

goodearth Member

Your feet are tough. A less experienced barefooter would get their feet blistered.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

that's interesting, i think i've noticed those wedges myself, but never really put any thought into what was causing them.

i try to stick to the shoreline too; there's just nothing like walking through the surf. plus the sand can get really fucking hot (which is another thing i haven't really figured out, usually light colored surfaces don't get as hot but sand does not work that way).

but sometimes that's just not possible, especially when work takes you to the beach. i probably covered a mile today going back and forth between the parking lot and the shoreline.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Do you like, pick up rubbish at the beach?
    Scab patrol. :p

8. goodearth

goodearth Member

The white concrete skate parks get extremely hot in the hottest months of summer. It burns my feet when skating barefoot, and causes greater wear on my shoes when I use them.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

ideally no, i pay taxes to the city to do that. but since the city doesn't give half a fuck about anything that happens here and i actually have a professional interest in keeping the beach hospitable, i do end up on garbage duty occasionally.

GLENGLEN and Irminsul like this.
  10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

A few years ago I'd have LOL and given you shit about that, but kudos and good for you. :) in HS that was called scab patrol lol. I learned it was best to just go missing for an hour and then empty a bin into the bag they gave me and take that to the teacher. :p