Still So many unbelievers on the virus

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by travelguy61, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

What a thoughtful answer.

2. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Interesting. Do you reject the opinions of medical experts? When you get a disease, do you deny it first and then go to the local faith healer? You're a prime candidate for the Darwin Award. You virus deniers, along with the anti-vaxers, may eventually be the solution to our problem--by process of self-elimination. Except you take lots of other folks with you.
    [​IMG]

3. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

No, just concerned about your health, physical and mental, and what it may be doing to the people around you.

hotwater likes this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Don't assume mental health where it doesn't exist.

Tishomingo, hotwater and GloomyCloud like this.
  5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So, these "medical experts" are all in agreement. They are just keeping important information like just how more effective non binding face masks are vs handwashing or vice versa, or how much more important non binding face masks inside are vs outside in direct sunlight in summer

.....they are keeping all that kind of information super dooper secret because...errr....just because?

....couldn't possibly be because, well, they don't fuckin know

6. Tyrsonswood

7. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Had a discussion with this guy who's a Trump supporter. Yes, a Trump supporter here in Portland Oregon, he's a lonely guy. Anyway I talked about how they're starting trials of covid vaccines and he said he doesn't want the vaccine, he's anti-vax, but he does want hydroxychloroquine. I told him hydroxychloroquine has been shown to be ineffective and a little dangerous and even Trump has stopped taking it. He said that's not true, Trump stopped taking it because it's made him immune and that's why he hasn't caught the virus.

I tried to talk sense to a Trump supporter and now my head hurts. :expressionless:

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  8. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Six-eyed Shaman lives there. We must get them together!

Anyway I talked about how they're starting trials of covid vaccines and he said he doesn't want the vaccine, he's anti-vax, but he does want hydroxychloroquine. I told him hydroxychloroquine has been shown to be ineffective and a little dangerous and even Trump has stopped taking it. He said that's not true, Trump stopped taking it because it's made him immune and that's why he hasn't caught the virus.

Try this. Trump re-tweeted earlier today a tweet from (wait for it) a game show host indicating the virus is a hoax.Trump identifies another hoax: The coronavirus Yes,we're back to that. A hoax! Chuck Wollery trumps Anthony Fauci.

9. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I'll take the opinion of Mayo's over an Australian ape's or a talk show host's any day.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Still, I won't be rushing out to get the first vaccine in the first year

11. Tyrsonswood

Do Not, under any circumstance, attempt to do this....

Bicaptain My Captain and Eric! like this.
  12. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That's for catching it. And even an N95 isn't 100% effective against catching it. It could still get in.

The point of us regular folks, who might wear tennis shoes or an occasional python boot, wearing a mask like cotton fabric when around others is to help contain our breath vapor in case we happen to be carrying the virus but aren't showing any signs of sickness so don't know to stay isolated. They say a person can carry it around for up to fourteen days without knowing it, and can be spreading it in that time. A sneeze or cough can throw out a surprising amount of vapor, and launch it quite far (one test showed 27 feet!) and masks have been shown to contain it to a couple feet or even a few inches for some multilayer ones. So out of consideration for others, we wear masks out in public when in close proximity to them. It's a respectful thing to do based on the current knowledge at hand.

13. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Everyone bitching about having to wear a mask, certainly don’t have a solution to the problem. Just bitching about it....while people are dying by the thousands.

14. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don’t believe Trump even took it. I think he was lying about it, like he lies about everything else.

15. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Hmmm seems like this meme just steals a bunch of material from other memes and throws it all together, hoping it will work. If NPC Karen had a condition preventing her from wearing a mask, why doesn't she know the answer to the question? Why is the NPC wearing a Karen wig anyway?
    The left can't meme

16. 6-eyed shaman

Used to live there.

I left in 2016. Just in time before Ted Wheeler turned a really cool city with lots of character and charm into a cesspool.

17. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Enslaving the Jewish people.

18. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

If he was dumb enough to do that knowingly, then he was almost certainty a Democrat voter.

19. 6-eyed shaman

I can understand having to wear one if an employer requires it. I'm lucky I work in a place where I don't interact with the public in person.

My family extended family is freaked out about it, so they wear masks. And I'll wear one around them so they'll calm down.

But when Healthline and the CDC make statements saying that BLM riots don't spread the virus, yet Trump Rallies, weddings, public schools, night clubs, funerals, skate parks, gyms, carnivals, and any public gathering will spread the virus. I can no longer take these people seriously and call bull shit. It's clearly politicized and weaponized against our freedoms.

20. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

That's a cop-out answer to his question. It's understandable to want to err on the side of safety but that can better be done by having some comprehension of the variables. Your reliance on experts to do all your thinking for you is just sad.