Still So many unbelievers on the virus

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by travelguy61, Jul 2, 2020.

1. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Not the best timing for any kind of surgery! Would it be better to wait until the risk is lower? That's rehab after surgery, nursing home is long term. It's possible for both to be in the same facility though. Usually separated by floors, wings, or buildings.

2. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

It was a few years ago. It was an intermediate care facility I was forced into because I live alone. It was a combination of nursing, rehab and old folks. I checked myself out after five days. They said I couldn't do that as I got in the taxi.

pattymary likes this.
  3. pattymary

pattymary Member

The Covid19 is not a hoax, but there is a big confusion how a lot of sources are talking about it, and there is a wide array of different opinions and informations, and statistics.
    To be at risk or not to be a risk, that is the question, and why is it so much noise about it, and why the activity in the World has been paralysed like this..I can understand how some people can be fed up to hear about it, and are in some denial..Meanwhile seeing some messages at TV teaching us how to wash our hands properly make me feel like an idiot, as we don t know from childhood how to wash our hands!.
    I wear a mask, I wash my hands and spray them, but it is difficult for me not to notice some exagerations about it, like in Spain when they are sanitising the sand on the beach, or when they show you at TV how to rub with bleach every door knob..Sanitising has became a fashionable word some people love to pronounce..Maybe it is the panicking that is too much!
    Plus it is obvious some commercial and political interests are coming along this heath crisis, maybe that is why it looks like a hoax..

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  4. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

As I understand it she was no longer able to care for herself and was in the early stages of dementia. My mother is also in a nursing home with more advanced dementia, and yes I believe dying of covid would be a better option for her. With covid she'd be unconscious on a respirator for a few days before she passes, while with dementia she could linger for a long time, getting progressively worse. But there are others who are dying far too young and we need to find a vaccine for their sake.

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

6. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Your daily reminder that COVID has a 99% survival rate

7. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Tell that to the dick head in the White House will you !!!

8. newo

That's 99% at best, BTW.

9. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I feel for you. My mom's in the same condition. It's really heartbreaking. I basically "lost her" years ago even though technically she's still "alive". It's no way to live and she doesn't want it; in the occasional somewhat coherent moment she'll get super sad and acknowledge that she wishes the Lord would take her. Other times she's like a little girl and doesn't seem to realize she can't finish a thought. Like she's hopping from cloud to cloud in some kind of dreamland. I just hope I drop dead before reaching that state.

pattymary likes this.
  10. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I bet that's a huge fucking comfort to the families of the 544,871 global reported deaths so far. Not to mention the countless thousands of unreported deaths from the poor and fascist countries....

CHINA!!!!!

Oh yeah, what a great fucking excuse to let some rich American visit his summer cottage in Canada too... "What's the big deal anyway? It's only going to kill 1% of you guys, mostly your parents... Geez come on!"

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    granite45 likes this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Somebody dies...

It was covid.

12. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

"It was just regular pneumonia" - Chinese Government.

13. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Since we are doing the math, a 1% survival rate means that if 1/2 the US population gets the virus, something over 1.6 million people will die from covid.

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

What's going on in Belgrade at the moment is what I was waiting for, surprised it took 4 months

Just flat out rioting,but this time they are not going to hide behind a cause like BLM

Media propaganda fuelled by older editors and anchors will tell you right extremeists are behind it, but as you can you, most of the protesters are 20 something's, out of work students

Expect this type of thing to spread

15. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

It's actually about a 4.5% fatality rate right now (not survival rate), which is down from a peak at 6%.

Tishomingo likes this.
  16. newo

Please keep in mind that for every reported case of coronavirus there are many more unreported, so while we can't be sure what the survival rate is we can be assured that it's much higher.

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

I thought covid was only true in fairy tales
    Meant for someone else but not for me
    Covid was out to get me
    That's the way it seemed
    Disappointment haunted all of my dreams
    Then I caught the flu, now I'm a believer
    Not a trace, of doubt in my mind
    I'm infected, and I'm a believer
    I could infect you if I tried

18. TrudginAcrossTheTundra