Still So many unbelievers on the virus

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by travelguy61, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

CDC: 299,028 excess deaths from 1/26/20-11/3/20
    You're entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

Sambone likes this.
  2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Sambone likes this.
  3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I am glad that my explanations helped.

In a nutshell, covid is a very nasty virus and needs to be SLOWED DOWN for the reasons that I highlighted.
    If governments presented the facts CORRECTLY, rather than as they fear, most people would understand and cooperate.
    Treating the public as idiots will never work.

I also think that some good will come out of all this.
    Already, companies are considering allowing staff to work from home for 3 days a week permanently, thus cutting the spread of colds and future viruses, as well as cutting the pollution affects and costs of commuting in large cities.
    I am fairly certain that if people was asked to wear a mask on public transport at peak times, most people would be quite happy.
    Looking at a personal example. Every year, our youngest daughter suffered every cold and virus, constantly making her life miserable. Since wearing her mask and largely working from home she has not had a single cold or day when she felt too ill to work since last March.

Sambone likes this.
  4. wilsjane

That would only be true if the MEDIA decided to publish figures on Hypertension deaths (secondary to you) and then on traffic accidents, causing you to appear in both figures.

Nether the official mortality figures, or the World health authority figures would make that mistake.

It is PURELY the media who are incapable and unqualified to read the data correctly.

Covid involved in a death and covid CAUSING a death are completely different matters. Here in the UK, you can deduct 750 from the daily covid death figure, since these people were already dying from cancer.

Most people are confused by all of this. I have asked at least a dozen people what THEY thought the percentage increase in the death rate was and answers were between 50 and 100%.............. The TRUE figure is +2.7%

PS, I am not an epidemiologist, but I am qualified in cardio thoracic surgery. I worked on a research team for 12 years, so I can interpret medical data.
    PPS, My last line was not intended to sound rude.

5. wooleeheron

Donald Duck has the fucking nuclear football, you might as well be talking to fucking chickens.

Sambone and Bicaptain My Captain like this.
  6. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Here's your unbelievers:

[​IMG]

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Killed in 9/11, Iraq & Afghan Wars: 11,819
    Killed by Covid 19 in the past 3 days: 11,765

Sambone and Tyrsonswood like this.
  8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Don't really mean to "like" this post...

9. Tyrsonswood

Oooo... Hashtags... Must be important.

Bicaptain My Captain and Sambone like this.
  10. Tyrsonswood

Yup... More hashtags.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  11. wooleeheron

He's hashing it out.

12. .

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2021
  13. wilsjane

That is not true, Worldwide, Beijing flue was involved in the deaths of 100,000 people in 2019. 2020 figures are likely to be similar, but during the covid peaks, it may not be fully diagnosed, since the advanced symptoms and ICU treatment are exactly the same

14. BeatrixPothead

BeatrixPothead Members

You make a habit of posting links to things you haven't read, and of drawing erroneous conclusions from the titles alone.
    Read the report, including paragraph that begins with: "The findings in this report are subject to at least five limitations." The report doesn't say that the number of deaths has increased. It's measuring actual current deaths against "expected" deaths, a made-up calculation that is not the same as a mortality rate or an average of recent mortality rates. The whole notion of "excess" is an opinion based on an estimate. The limitations are stark and glaring, as the report's authors point out. It isn't an increase.

The fact is that the death rate in the US, as in many other places, has declined over the past year. My opinion is that you have problems with reading comprehension, likely caused by a short attention span, poor eyesight, or both. On the other hand, you may simply derive pleasure from misstatement and nonsequitur.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  15. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

"Non sequitur" is two words, rather like a logical fallacy which you're clearly more familiar with; "ad hominem".

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  16. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

17. Purple44

Purple44 Members

It's just like the middle ages.

18. Purple44

Purple44 Members

I'm blood type O. My neighbors are A. They are all very unhealthy n obese except for one. N they all got it.

19. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Yep, In a recent poll 70% of democrats said they would take the coronavirus vaccine, whereas only 30% of republicans said the would take the vaccine if it was available

20. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

So can we expect a 70% death rate among the red neck republicans ???

21. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

No I suspect many of them will take the vaccine, but will not tell anyone out of fear of being ostracized by fellow republicans.

Btw Yesterday we found out that former President Trump and his wife Melania took the vaccine back in January (while still president) but never told anyone.

Former VP Pence took the vaccine in front of a worldwide audience but Trump didn’t want to encourage others to take the vaccine because it goes against the narrative that the virus doesn’t exist.