Still So many unbelievers on the virus

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by travelguy61, Jul 2, 2020.

1. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I'm from Manchester , Imagine how I feel
    [​IMG]

2. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Since you're now in a second 'lock down', seems its already got there !!!

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

4. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

5. .

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2021
    Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  6. beachwalker

beachwalker Members

I thought everyone now knows at least one person who has died of Covid!

7. .

8. .

9. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Around 100,000 people last year.

10. WOW, how many died from it?

11. wilsjane

Their are 2 answers to your question.

Around 95;000 of them would have died within a week. BUT these would have been people who were ALREADY dying.
    When a body finally gives up it's fight with conditions such as cancer, a virus leading to pneumonia, then septicaemia, followed by raspatory then cardiac arrest is the most common route to death. In some cases the virus attacks the kidneys, leading to multi organ failure.
    These are the medical descriptions of 95% of all deaths. Most of the remainder are accidental, often following a road crash, fire or drowning. Suicide is a worrying figure.

Or the remaining 5,000, statistically their will have been about 10 unexplained deaths, but again, these happen with ALL viruses.

Death is a very unsavoury subject and few people even want to know the medical details of a loved ones final hours. To avoid distress, doctors rarely discuss them outside their profession.

12. .

mysticblu21 likes this.
  13. .

14. .

15. wilsjane

Read my reply carefully and you will see that their is no simple answer. Their were deaths and ADDITIONAL deaths. These are vastly different.

The only TRUE figure for covid deaths is the INCREASE in mortality. Here in the UK, it was 2.7% up on the 5 year average in the period from March to October 2020
    This is not uncommon during ANY virus epidemic. Calculated it simply means that critically ill people are dying 2 weeks sooner.
    You cannot calculate mortality rates by asking how many people died when they stopped breathing.

The alarmist covid death figures simply ignore the daily death rate in the country. (UK, 1,500 per DAY,..... US. 7,650 per DAY)
    A death certificate shows the PRIMARY cause of death, such as cancer, the virus is further down the list.
    Therefore, when you ADD the covid figure to the TOTAL mortality, tens of thousands of people will have appeared to have died twice.

It is extremely confusing for people outside the medical profession and it has been grossly exploited by idiot politicians, causing alarm and panic.

The heath services are coping, but covid must be slowed down in order not to flood the hospitals which could result in people suffering OTHER life threatening conditions being left to die.

It is difficult for the average person to understand the full situation, particularly since the internet is full of rubbish.

BeatrixPothead likes this.
  16. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

"President" lol, more like dubiously appointed and dangerously unqualified and narcissistic administrator

17. .

18. .

19. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

I have hypertension.
    I step in front of a bus.
    I died of being struck by a vehicle, NOT from hypertension.
    No; I did NOT "die twice."
    Goddamnit I'm sick and tired of Internet experts that know more than epidemiologists at Johns Hopkins.

20. BeatrixPothead

BeatrixPothead Members

You offer a valuable perspective. In many places, Covid showed up and killed some people, but the overall death rate actually declined. Better care for non-Covid respiratory illness. Fewer deaths due to motor vehicle collisions. Fewer deaths from complication or infections following elective surgeries, fewer unnecessary medical procedures, and fewer medication errors during unnecessary hospitalizations. Fewer deaths due to workplace accidents. There may be an uptick in cancer deaths over the next few years due to lack lack of screening in 2020 and into 2021, and delays in diagnosis and treatment, but it seems likely that Covid ushered in a lower overall death rate for the duration of the pandemic.

wilsjane and mysticblu21 like this.