Still High The Morning After...

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Jadis, May 24, 2007.

1. Jadis

Jadis Member

Hey guys-
    Ok, so I don't know if I'm high or not, or maybe just tired. Last night I smoked for the third time- hoping that it would be different from the first time I did it. (The second time nothing happpened. At all. I was displeased. >_<)
    Last night I went to my bro's house, we smoked, and watched Super Troopers, and I was gone. However, sadly when I get high I get super paranoid- I started crying, and only when my boyfriend called me I calmed down a little.

I wish I didn't get so scared about things. I would do it more often.

Now today I'm still feeling wierd. I can remember what I did this morning...but its still like I'm on a different plane and that I'm constantly reminding myself what I'm doing and where I am. Or I'm in a dream.

Any advice, oh awesome ones? God I'm such a noob.

2. Biida

Biida Member

When I get paranoid I remind myself it's the effects of the drug and take some quiet time to myself... Just to breathe. :)

Sounds like you're just pretty burnt out. When I started smoking I'd feel like that the day after as well. Hell, even now I occassionally end up the same way after smoking a very considerable amount of bud.

3. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

Still high the day after? What kinda weed did you smoke...
    And can you send me some?

4. Jadis

Jadis Member

Lol I don't know what kind it was. All I know that my brother thought it sucked...but then again he's been doing this for years so I'll take his word on it...it was probably just me.

5. Splosh

Splosh Member

Haha if you smoke more you'll learn of ways to deal with the paranoia.
    When i started smoking i remember running away from what turned out to be an old couple and now i'll quite happily smoke a joint pretty much anywhere, unless its really populated/crawling with police xD

6. NoChitt

NoChitt Member

I agree w/ Splosh, however I never experienced paranoia from smoking. I had a pretty stoney attitude prior to burning.

7. Icktongo1

Icktongo1 Senior Member

The first 5 or so times I smoked and got high, I was high the next day for the morning hours then by lunch I was fine.
    I think it's because your body isn't used to the THC and it's because you have such a low tolerance because you havn't smoked much.

8. gratefulvegan

gratefulvegan Member

I've only been hit with paranoia twice...and my advice to you is to just sit back and realize that these effects are normal effects that come from smoking. Once you can actually get comfortable and settle down you can really crawl into the trip and have a great time. The first time was my second time smoking, first time getting rocked- and I was paranoid the entire time...to the point that it was not fun---I was almost freaking out. Again recently I smoked some really dank and was hit with a similar sensation, yet what I did was I turned on a favorite song and showed myself that I was in control, took a few breaths and had one HELL of a time.

Now, to avoid the onset of such paranoia I would recommend smoking less than what you are. Like alcohol, the more you use, the more profound the effects will set in. I would take a hit, let it sit and see how you feel- if you decide you can go a little higher, do it! The great thing about taking it slow is that you can easily take it a notch up...but sadly you can't go in reverse...so just take it slow. I've been smoking for a while and usually during the week I smoke a really smalll quantity (which still satisfies me)...it's basically a pea-sized bowl and it serves to clear my mind and gather my thoughts...on the weekend however, I'll do quite a bit more (!!!!) My point to you is...just take it slow and start really small and if you think you maybe want more, dig in!

ENJOY!

9. Jadis

Jadis Member

Thanks you guys for the advice...I think if I do it again, it will be with my friends and when I don't have to drive home that night...or before Rocky Horror.

THAT would be interesting. Me playing Riff Raff and suddenly falling off the seat I have to stand on in the beginning.... hehe

10. ganjabomber

ganjabomber Senior Member

smoke a bong
    with a little guidence you can do it wrong
    then youll know if your high