Stealing stuff.

Discussion in 'Hinduism' started by ericf, May 11, 2004.

1. ericf

ericf Member

How many people here have stolen stuff from Hinduism?

I know that I have read a lot of it and incorporated some ideas into my own belief system. I just like a lot of the gods and the names. I would love to get a statue or something -- which I am sure would kill my ultra-xian mother.

:)

2. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Members

I havent stolen anything from Hinduism, I am a practising hindu/vedantin.

As for idols, you could just find a rock that looked like a shiva linga and smear vibhuti on it and worship it.

3. ericf

ericf Member

Well, I have no intention of actually worshipping the idol. Well, maybe inscense and a candle or two. I just am fascinated by the art and beauty of the statues. It is just something that I think would remind me of the spiritual every day.

Hinduism is such a huge and wonderful belief system.

4. gurudev

gurudev Member

Unless you actually commit to worshiping a deity and finding out just who God is, Krishna, Vishnu, Narayana etc, and finding out your purpose here, all else is an empty gesture.

5. ericf

ericf Member

I am not above empty gestures. :p

I am not a Hindu by any means so seeking a deeper walk as one would be hypocritical. That doesn't stop me from enjoying the images and culture though.

6. ChiefCowpie

ChiefCowpie hugs and bugs

Ma Kali...Goddess is within all women...worship your mom...light candles and offer incense to her...prepare and offer meals to her...ok, well then at least clean your room for her

7. dharmakarma16

dharmakarma16 Member

i am a christian, but i really find hinduism quite fasinating. i recently bought a book of hindu icons. they are all just pictures. beautiful paintings and drawings... i find them very asthetically pleasing and i have done some research on the gods, but my belief in my God or Jesus has not changed. i just enjoy finding out about other religions... i do not depict this as something that is wrong or disrespectful toward the God that i believe in or the gods that i am researching... any replies?

8. SvgGrdnBeauty

SvgGrdnBeauty only connect

I am also Christian...but I do find a fasination with other religions...I think that religion is personal and what you make it...and I do believe in some Christian ideals...but I also believe in Hindu, Buddist, and other ideals...

9. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

I do not feel i have stole anything.I just follow the teachings of my linage.As long as your heart is pure and respect is given i do not see it as stealing.

10. SvgGrdnBeauty

I agree with that...

11. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Anybody, who loves God and all His manifestations, should be able to identify himself with all religions. Whether it is accepted or not he is a good Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim,etc. All religions belong to him and he belongs to all religions.

So, he does not steal any thing. When everything belongs to God, he only makes God happy.

12. SvgGrdnBeauty

I like the way you put that. :) I totally agree...:) I think that when people realize that...a lot of the world problems will disolve...