stay at home dad......

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by hippieken, Jan 12, 2005.

1. hippieken

hippieken Member

hey all,im a stay at home dad.....i think sometimes that im not doin a good job......i have only one little girl that is 4...............i love her with all my heart and we are great friends .....she has started talking to her self alot and i want to know if thats cool...i think its ok....what do you think????

2. Bug..Man

Bug..Man Banned

I think she may be talking to dead people. I advise you to get out of the house............NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

Your probably doing a good job. Seeing you care shows that. Does she have many playmates? Despite all the love sometimes childern can get sad when they don't have childern to interact with. Talking to herself is showing shes using her imagination though!

4. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

It's prety normal for kids to talk to themselves and have imaginary friends. Remember she won't do this forever.

5. hippieken

hippieken Member

no she has no friends...me and her mom are it......we move alot there for no friends........but we are moving to oregan soon and my mom,and grandma live there so maybe that will be good......and thnks so much to both of you mamas i need the help

6. Bug..Man

Bug..Man Banned

I tried to help to.

7. skye*

skye* Member

HEY, i think its awesome that your a sahd!!!!

you need to give yourself more credit for what your doing for your little girl!
    Its completely normal for her to talk to herself, my daughter does when shes playing in her room, and shes only 22 months old. I dont think its lack of freinds,
    im a sahm and she constanly has my attention, and we dont get out much either of seldom do we have people over.
    YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB!
    And theres not alot of dads out there that would do what you do, i wish my hubby would take care of the kids more often and give me a break once in a while:)
    So dont fret! its absolutely normal and im sure shes fine :)

merry blessings!

8. yogi for peace

yogi for peace Member

It's healthy for kids to talk to themselves. girls are more verbal than boys, be happy about it -- not concerned, its a form of learning and sorting information.

Do you like to read??

9. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

Contact to other kids in her age isn't wrong, even though talking to one self is a totally normal thing. Maybe you can look out for toddlergroups or sometimes there are even toddlersportsgroups where parents and their little kids go and play group games and things.

10. angelique

angelique Member

its normal for a kid at that age to talk to themselves. heck my daughter is 12 and she talks out loud in her room alone all the time.

and yes bug-man you were ever so helpful...

11. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

angeliqe, they are chewing us out!
    Hippieken, she is doing what comes naturally. You'l notice a lot of kids paly alongside eachother but not truly interacting. Sort of parallel play.
    She's just playing alone. Some will share their playmates and some won't.

12. angelique

angelique Member

who the 12 year olds? lol oh i know she does that too -believe me you-:rolleyes: but i mean she'll sing and chatter while she plays with makeup or dances around and stuff she always has.