Starting College Barefoot

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by barefootconservative, Aug 18, 2017.

1. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

Well, for the next couple weeks, it's going to be pretty hot. But my science lab is tomorrow, so that disqualifies tomorrow, because I can't go in barefoot. Maybe I'll start dressing down ever so slightly, until I get to shorts and bare feet. I'll see how courageous I feel.

Joe45432 likes this.
  2. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I'm telling ya,watch the movie Jobs... it may boost your barefoot confidence ha ha

3. barefootconservative

don't know where to find that movie

4. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Was On Demand on my TV

5. barefootconservative

I keep wussing out of going barefoot to school. Maybe I'll do it next week, where it's up in the 90's, not exactly shirt and tie weather. If it works out, I might keep going with it. I don't know, I'll just see. I could also say that I only dressed up the first few days to leave an impression. After that, I dressed more appropriately for this weather. Which for me includes bare feet. Also that I don't have any shoes that would look good with shorts. Once the weather gets a bit cooler, I'll start dressing up again. But it's too hot for that now.

6. barefoot101corrin

barefoot101corrin Member

its alright. its mainly an alias.

7. barefootconservative

Something wonderful happened. I saw another (male) student go barefoot today! It was well after his first class, I'd imagine, and his soles were pretty black. That tells me (at least in the music hall), I can get away with it too. Not sure about science class or science labs, though. But that's all I really needed was to know that at least one other barefoot boy is there. If I go, I may even get a few closet barefooters to join. I'll start dressing up again after it starts cooling down below 70º. If anyone inquires as to why I'm not as dressed up as usual, I just say that it's too damn hot for those clothes. If I get questions about my feet, well, I've already listed my answers in a previous comment. But I might not go barefoot tomorrow. I only have one class, and it barely seems worth it. Though it could be a small transition into next week when I'll try to go barefoot every day.

steve773 likes this.
  8. barefootconservative

Second week starts in the morning. I'm going to be courageous and finally do it. I'm going to go to college barefoot! We'll see how that goes. It's supposed to get up to 94º tomorrow, so I can just say that it's too damn hot for shoes. Why don't I wear flops? Because I look dumb in those. I hope to strike up some conversation, and maybe even form friendships. If all goes well, I'll keep it up (excluding cold days) until it gets below 70º, which won't be for at least two weeks. Wish me luck. My feet are ready to go. Toenails freshly trimmed, washed, and out of any shoe.

Besides, my arches are flat again. I have to fix that. Only way to effectively do that is by walking barefoot on natural surfaces. Maybe my big toes will straighten out again, too. They're a little bent.

steve773 likes this.
  9. barefootconservative

I'm doing it. I'm waiting for the teacher outside my first class now. So far so good.

steve773 likes this.
  10. barefootconservative

First class done with no shit from anyone. Waiting for English to start.

steve773 likes this.
  11. barefootconservative

Just got through English class barefoot, and walked into the student union building, which has a shirt and shoes required sign, no shot from anyone even when I walked into the eating establishment. But of course, the pizza cook wasn't here today. Damn it! Science class is next.

Haven't quite gotten anyone to join me yet, or follow the trend. Of course that probably takes more that one day. Luckily, we still have a few weeks of hot weather, so I guess give it time. Then start again after winter, when it gets above 75º

12. barefootconservative

One full day of successful barefooting in college completed! It felt great. I'm going to keep it up until it cools down, or some regulation gets passed prohibiting bare feet.

steve773 likes this.
  13. barefoot101corrin

barefoot101corrin Member

hey man do it in the winter too its just a building :p

14. barefoot101corrin

barefoot101corrin Member

also regulation already prohibits it but teachers and most students are so modern that they either are too busy to care or dont see why they should care. as long as it doesnt distract the learning environment they figure "hey as long as they focus on my class"

15. barefootconservative

yeah, I got a few comments, like "didn't feel like wearing shoes today?" But nothing degrading. Most people didn't give two shits. But no, I can't do that in winter. I'm a complex style. I love going barefoot, but I also love wearing my nice dress shoes. Mostly it's too damn hot for shoes, and my nice clothes. So until I won't sweat profusely in my dress clothes and shoes, I will keep it to a polo shirt, shorts, and bare feet.

16. Is the damn semester over yet??? Hurray for your self-empowerment! But Jeez.....

17. barefootconservative

no, it's only the second day of the second week. It just took me that long to finally do it.

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

depends on the college. i think he said he's in community college, so that might be true, but at a university you could walk a mile in the snow (and salt, ouch) between classes, or even have to travel between separate campuses.

19. barefoot101corrin

barefoot101corrin Member

truu

20. barefootconservative

again, my style. My summer wear doesn't match any of my shoes. So I just leave them. But as soon as I can dress up again, I'll sport my nice leather dress shoes again.

Tags: