Star Wars: The rise of Skywalker

Discussion in 'New Movies' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

4. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

I cant get into these movies. The actress who plays Rey is cringe and is just dull and unlikable. I want to root for her but then I realize I just dont care. I still haven't seen this one and probably wont.

5. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

All the new books are canon, so you know.

6. Asmodean

You read them? Any good?

And are the new books canon without exception? That's a curious change. Many Star wars spin offs of the movies aren't considered canon, wether its books, comics, games or certain animated series.
    Annoys me at times because certain games could have been canon imo (esp. Kyle Katarns adventures) and i assumed sometimes they were until i noticed otherwise years later.
    This seems to remain an issue anyway, since not every author complies 100% to what another wrote.

7. I likth Sthar Warths. Spath battleth are neato.

8. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

When Disney bought Star Wars, they not only ret conned all of the previously written books, they set up a... Board, maybe you’d call it - whose job is to make certain all newly (typically) published works are not only canon but that they gel with each other to minimize contradictions and the like.

I’m sure there are exceptions but I can’t think of any off the top of my head.

I've read a few... Some are decent - like Timothy Zahn’s Thrawn trilogy and (I know, not your thing) a line of Vader comics. I definitely wish they'd publish more about the Old Republic, so far it seems to be mostly focused on traditional characters and fleshing out what happens in and around the movies.

Asmodean likes this.
  9. Asmodean

Hm. :p Too bad they exluded a lot of good stuff then. Stuff that sometimes seems to be aimed to be canon and directly influenced by LucasFilm or LucasArts. I'm thinking of course for a large part about the Jedi Knights video games. As far as i know they're in touch with both the classic as well as the latest trilogy (which is interesting given what we learn of how Luke's attempt to restart the jedi order failed in the last trilogy and what we see of it in those games: no sign of Ben Solo yet but we do get a proper look at Luke's efforts at Yavin 4), although i bet some details must be off since the Jedi Knight games are not considered canon by Disney. Too bad! Do you know them and so Kyle Katarn, Fudds? Great protagonist! (although he's not the protagonist in Jedi knight 3: Jedi academy)
    I dig both, but prefer closer to the events of the 3 trilogies. Like, I would rather see more of the Galactic Republic before the clone wars than the old Republic 4000 years ago.
    The Mandalorian which is set after episode 6 is just excellent too.

10. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

I haven't played the first two, unfortunately, so I'm not terribly familiar with the character outside his role in Jedi Academy.

I hear Fallen Order is fun.

11. Asmodean

Jedi knight 2 is now available on ps4 (and as i understood 3: Jedi academy will be as well later this year) but it was of course a lot better at time of release. Still, I was already eager to replay them after so many years so it suits me :p

I have mixed feelings about Fallen order. It could easily have been a lot better imo. Better in every way than The force unleashed, but yeah so was the singleplayer storyline of Battlefront 2. Which frankly has a better Star wars story vibe than both The force unleashed and Fallen order, and that while it was mainly ment to serve as a proper introduction to all the multiplay action.
    I enjoyed the exploring of certain areas and the more simplier fights against stormtroopers most in Fallen order.

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

13. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

But is it set on a Sith planet, reportedly in the works?

14. Asmodean

I thought more Star wars stuff was in the works? Or were those hoaxes (well, some of them obviously are)? Where's that Kenobi prequel!?

15. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

There will be more I'm sure.

[​IMG]

16. Asmodean

Episode 7 is a reality for a few years already ;)

But yes, it will be milked of course. The question is which rumours are real. And if the next stuff is as good as the Mandalorian or Rogue 1 I'm not complaining :)
    I also find several of EAs games quite satisfactory :-D Although the latest singleplayer is more like Tomb raider/Uncharted in a Star wars setting :p Still joining in on the multiplay fun in Battlefront occassionally and i had that game for years already :p

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

18. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Star Wars actor and Hollywood voice coach Andrew Jack has died from complications related to coronavirus.

A representative for the actor, Jill McCullough, confirmed that he had died this morning in a hospital close to London. His wife could not be there as she is in quarantine in Australia.

The actor whose real name is Andrew Hutchinson played Caluan Ematt in The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi and voiced Moloch in Solo.

Star Wars actor Andrew Jack dies from Covid-19

[​IMG]

20. Nebulous

Nebulous Carpe diem

RIP