Star Wars: The rise of Skywalker

Discussion in 'New Movies' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Pfft

First 1/3 of the movie when she is training with Luke, total fanboy jollies there

Last 1/3 of the movie, Yoda hitting him on the head with a stick, burning down the temple. Then Luke's showdown with Kylo, that's a classic scene

Good shit

Edit: Reminds me, Gold lightsaber at the end of ROS, total fanboy hardon then

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I have mixed feelings about burning that jedi wisdom. But yes, the scenes on that island were good.

I personally am not impressed by such over the top showdowns like Kylo Ren vs Luke. I liked the idea behind it that Luke manifestated himself there instead of being there physically, but really, the rest is lame imo. I also disliked everything about how Finn went against that device on Craitt (and got saved by that girl).
    The attack on Craitt is a lot more fun in Battlefront 2 :D Less failed and cliche drama, more battle!

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oh, and killing off Phasma, coolest looking stormtrooper ever played by a great actress, that was like wtf?

Could have been like Ren's body guard in the third movie.

And you get a little bit of Knights of Ren in ROS, but not enough. That's one thing they couldn't have expanded on in all three movies, because they always looked cool, and scary

4. Asmodean

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

ROS just hit $US 1 billion in worldwide box office in 28 days

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I actually saw The Empire Strikes Back (1980) first before seeing A New Hope (1977) because I was only two years old in 1977.

It was actually in 1997 when A New Hope was re-released that i actually saw it in a movie theatre. (although i did see it previously on VHS)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Pretty sure I did see empire in the cinema, but wasn't really into it, was a book nerd at that time, Jules Verne, HG Wells, Hardy etc

The only thing I remember is that scene with the snowman in the cave

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I basically just watched a few seconds and fast forwarded through it a few times but that looks like a fun game.

9. Asmodean

It started with some controversy (being able to buy your progress) but that's been corrected long ago. I bought it at release and am still playing occassionally (mostly the mode with battles in space :p). But when I play a mode on the ground i still am amazed regularly by graphic details! :) Yeah, its really a pretty good and fun game. You have to dig this kind of online action at least a little of course

10. Asmodean

First time i watched the original trilogy was on vhs on a small square analog tv and it was awesome!! Ah, the joy when you not know how much better it could be :-D

11. hotwater

Now I realize when they re-released the original trilogy into the movie theaters back in 1997, they were only setting us up for
    the disappointment that was Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace (1999)

I still can’t believe my girlfriend and I waited in line for hours for that garbage

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ain't that the truth

hotwater likes this.
  13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You know what I miss, staying up, taping music videos off the TV with your VHS

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Does anybody else have trouble reading the opening dialogue? And not that it's difficult to actually read, but I just can't seem to remember what I'm actually reading. Maybe I don't read it at the correct pace or something but it happens with all of them. I couldn't tell you what any of them say.

15. hotwater

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I had no trouble reading the opening dialog.

It just made no sense. "The dead Speak?' What mysterious broadcast?

16. hotwater

17. Asmodean

Watched the 4th and 5th episode of the Mandalorian at my friends, then rushed home to play starfighter assault together online :-D

18. Asmodean

19. Asmodean

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape