Star Wars: The Last Jedi’

Discussion in 'New Movies' started by hotwater, Dec 17, 2017.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I'd rather have a cool sounding name like Mr. White or Mr. Black

2. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

You're Mister Pink!

3. hotwater

Now back on topic....

[​IMG]

Luke Skywalker Explained; Futurism Magazine online

Almost everyone is upset over how Luke skywalker was characterized in the Last Jedi but people seem to forget that no one is perfect. Heroes have flaws.

We can see instances of the dark side within him when he brutally beat down Darth Vader with his lightsaber in Return of the Jedi; is it so inconceivable that he fell prey to it once again when reading Kylo Ren’s thoughts? Indeed, wouldn’t you feel some level of contempt toward yourself if your nephew grew to become a mass murderer due to your actions? Wouldn’t you isolate yourself to prevent any more harm? Don’t get me wrong, I believe that it was wrong to fully abandon Leia who suffered the loss of Han and her son, but it is understandable why Luke escapes to Ahch-To.

His death was perfect. It was fitting that he left the franchise the same way he entered it; by staring at the two setting suns in the sky. He went from being a young man, desperate to prove himself and join the rebellion, to a man who had experienced all the pain life could throw at him. He finally found peace in his last act of heroism. If that’s not character development, I don’t know what is.

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You said in an earlier post, at least the prequels had a story you could follow.

Hard to take that seriously, sand people kill Bieber-Vaders mum, so somehow that translates into him doing a Sandyhook and killing a bunch of jedi kids.

I think you are just hating on the sequels to be cool

As if you walked out of TFA, or if you did its because you had an 8 hour fementing burrito emergency

5. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Typical modern manchild. It's alright......it's alright.......shhh now..... Research can happen you only need believe.
    If I gave a shit about bein' cool I'd be livin' the traditional millennial dream life. Instead I'm on a farm in the middle of bum fuck nowhere talkin' with a bunch of losers like myself on a forum that just refuses to die.

The prequels had a set endin' they needed to fulfill. Therefore constrictions. Were they as good as the originals? No. That's just filmmaking.

Edit: I trust you're jokin' about the reason for Anakin to kill younglings. Cause if not well.........ugh

6. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

You're the worst.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  7. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Hahaha

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  8. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Horrible, worst things list:
    10. Chastity
    9. Thirst
    8. Ohio
    7. Hunger
    6. Republicans
    5. The Phantom Menace
    4. Star Trek: The Motion Picture
    3. Rape
    2. Genocide
    1. Beatinfeet69

9. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

So I don't see Noxious Gas on the list surely he even in his absence should be numero uno

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Nope, it's all you :D

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

nox was the best

12. ^yeah, he was okay

13. Asmodean

I expect he still is :)

14. Asmodean

15. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

YouTube happy valentines day by gilligan07734

Asmodean likes this.
  16. hotwater

Princess Leia goes all Mary Poppins.

I feel the criticism is just because there's no real explanation as to why everyone wasn't sucked out into the vacuum of space when the door was opened.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

They nailed it on aliens, just saying. Hehe well I assume Ripley would have dislocated an elbow on the way out but, girl power. :)

hotwater likes this.
  18. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

The problem with this version of Luke is that a series of video games, comics and novels had turned Luke into an adolescent power fantasy and seeing him as a broken down failure just didn't gel with that. I don't think your typical nerdy virgin SW fan has enough real life experience to relate to real people... they need to see that power fantasy or they get pissed.

19. hotwater

Yeah, they were hoping Luke would mentor Rey just like Obi-Wan Kenobi guided him, but instead of a soft-spoken, wise, and noble Jedi-Master, Rey was faced with (as you described)
    a beaten, downtrodden, loser who had abandoned the force.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  20. hotwater

There’s been a great deal of speculation as to who is Temiri Blagg, the little boy at the end of The Last Jedi who is force sensitive