Star Trek: Why Doesn't The Federation Have Cloaking Technology?

Discussion in 'Sci-Fi TV' started by The Walking Dickhead, Sep 6, 2016.

1. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

[​IMG]

2. The Walking Dickhead

So apparently Sonequa Martin (aka Sasha in The Walking Dead) is going to be playing a character called Michael Burnham in the new Star trek Discovery.

What?

Yep. lol

The question is how big is her dick going to be?

Presumably in the 23rd century men are still called Michael and women are called Michaela and they are going to be going for some kind of transgender role, and why not. If her character's name is going to be Michael then that should mean she'll be played a FtM trannie, or perhaps her character will start off being called Michael and during the series he will go through a "transformation" into a her called Michaela?

I'm bidding on the latter, because I think her physical appearance would lend itself better to that.

They are really trying to push the boundaries of television (and why not) by portraying different gender orientations, and there have been trannies in TV/film for a long time. I wonder who the first one was, could it be the film Freaks?

I'm not sure anyone has ever portrayed a character going through the tranformation though, and this seems like the most obvious speculation at this point seeing as they said last year the main focus would be on a character who is female and lower rank than a captain and that they series would be (partly at least) focusing on her individual story.

So that looks like what it's going to be about, and that's what Star Trek has always done so it makes sense, it's just a shame they don't want to tackle the issues around inequality in the cannabis community.

3. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

All actors were originally transgender or cross-dressers due to the prohibition against women acting.

4. The Walking Dickhead

I like your posts Wu Li but I don't always understand what you mean, which is why I like your posts.

George Takei, who is a homosexual man, hid his sexuality when he was playing Sulu in the original series, for fear of getting sacked. Gene Roddenberry wanted to do some stuff on sexuality but it wasn't the done thing then.

Star Trek, the maverick series noted widely for addressing and pushing social boundaries took 50 years to have a single gay character anywhere. How many episodes was that?

And now they don't want to talk about cannabis.

I fell out with the producers of Star Trek Continues a few years ago over a photoshop I did of Vic Mignogna playing Captain Kirk showing him holding a reefer. They took offence, or thought I was harming their franchise and blocked me on facebook, and I took offence at their cannabis discrimination. I said to one of them that Gene Roddenberry would not support their censorship, but they disagreed.

I can't find the bloody image now as I think they made google un google it? And I can't find it on my computer, it must be somewhere. It was quite clever, the humour in it. It wasn't just oh look it's Captain Kirk getting stoned. I really nailed it, and managed to incorporate the Borg into it as well. Kirk was smoking a J and saying "some really good shit this" and he was looking at the camera/cameraman who was half out of the view and they were saying "I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance is Futile" and it was like he was looking at a TV maybe in it watching TNG.. ah, the humour in it was lost on the cunts :/

Shame because they are fucking really doing a great job of bringing the original series back to life, and there's a new episode out now. The last two have been a bit crap, but this one's good.

5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

he is referring to ancient Greece and similar up until a few hundred years ago.

6. The Walking Dickhead

I wasn't around for that, nor am I interested in discussing either of your perversions.

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

There was a bit in the paper the other day about the Victorian government wanting to ban fairytales in schools, for re-inforcing gender stereotypes, That kind of stuff is idiotic especially in the iphone age, its not going to stop kids watching Frozen on their iphones

Who comes up with this shit?

If there is a gay character on star trek or not, or if there is going to be a trans one in the upcoming series, who gives a shit?

I dont, I know gay guys, the real ones anyway, are only about 1 in 100, trans even less 1 in a couple thousand really. Every show has to have a gay couple now?

This shit getting enforced in schools and everywhere doesnt so much come from GLBT, it comes from SJW's that are supposedly vegan and yet 100 pounds overweight and cant get a boyfriend or a girlfriend. Its annoying

8. The Walking Dickhead

I quite like having a gay character in a TV show, the are often the best characters. For example Lafayette in True Blood.

There's a soap opera here called Emmerdale, and it allstarted in the 80's with Eastenders, having a gay couple to represent gay people, then they all jumped on the bandwagon and it's like, ok fair enough. There are gay people so why not. Emmerdale recenty though went a bit over the top with it though by having no less than 3 gay couples in the series at one time, all male. In a village with a population of about 50. And there was also the two women who worked at the vets who sort of had a bit of a lesbo thing going on at one time, so technically it was 4.

I think the SJWs of the world though are just taking things too far and trying to push their agenda down everyone's throat. Can we maybe get to a point in all this political correctness where we can say, ok we've made our point to the universe now. Some people are gay and some people are not, and some people are somewhere in between, and sometimes the gay people are also non-caucasian... the point is, we are all beautiful people in our own unique ways, so can we just get back to cool TV shows where 90% of the characters are white and heterosexual?

I saw an article recently about a black actress in the UK complaining that she couldn't get any work acting in period dramas! Multiculturalism is OK, but not everything has to be multicultural.

9. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Americans just elected Donald Duck for president because its illegal to vote for Mickey Mouse in the state of Maryland and you ask why television supports minority opinions more than those of the majority? The majority of Americans insist the government and mass media lie to them for their own protection and the reason mass media promotes minorities more than the majority is because industries demand the public grow up a bit more and make their jobs of exploiting them a bit easier.

10. The Walking Dickhead

Holy shit this looks like it might be quite good!

The Orville, a comedy Star Trek spoof series from Fox.

And there's a Discovery trailer out, but those of us unfortunate enough not to have cyber space channels can't see it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy9sKeCE8V0

11. The Walking Dickhead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPB6RhQDU_w

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Why block the trailer?

The netflix version gives no problems

http://youtu.be/Aq1f7l8Vq2o

Although I am underwhelmed by the trailer

10 years before Kirk, so its an ENT sequel prequel

yawn

13. The Walking Dickhead

CBS are being arses. It's not much different to the Netflix trailer, slightly longer.

I think the klingons look much better, more like aliens and less like a gang of hell's angels.

I think it looks promising, but it's a lot different to what Star Trek series have traditionally been.

14. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Because while He may keep them safely tucked away in His sensitivity bag,,, He has the balls to be Bald. :cheers2:

15. The Walking Dickhead

16. The Walking Dickhead

Just watched the first two episodes of The Orville, this new Star Trek spoof series. It's really good, lends itself well to the Star Trek universe, especially The Next Generation(s) and the humour isn't bad either. it's not hilariously funny, but very tongue in cheek and dares to go where the official Star Trek canon would never. It definately has it's moments.

51 years of Star Trek official and not one single character has smoked a joint. Only took two episodes of the Orville though to allude towards cannabis use quite directly.

I wonder what the producers of Star Trek Continue will think of that, the ones who blocked me from their facebook group for posting an edited photo of Continue's Captain Kirk smoking a joint. I wish I could find that, it's on a disk somewhere... the humour in it was quite clever on different levels. But without my consent they made all my social media remove it as well, and then I bloody went and lost it! Uptight wankers...

But hey, Continues is still fricken awesome, especially the latest one which features John de Lancie (Q) but not as Q. Quite an interesting story that I think reflects changing attitudes in society at the moment to the lgbt community, at least that's how I interpreted it.

The Orville 1 : Official Uptight Sanctimonious Star Trek Canon 0

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oh, i thought The Orville was a movie

Yeah, i dont think im going to sit through 13 to 23 episodes of that

18. The Walking Dickhead

I used to think it was a flightless bird.

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

20. The Walking Dickhead

The question on everyone's mind though is, does she have a wullie?