Star Trek Discovery

Discussion in 'Sci-Fi TV' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Sep 25, 2017.

1. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Yeah Data is gone but all his memories and knowledge were downloaded into B 4.

Chance to bring him back. They did it in the books... Non canon tho

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I hated Tom Hardy for a good 5 to 10 years after that movie...but he's now one of my favourite actors

3. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Aww I liked him in that. Its how I was introduced to Ole Tom.
    Dude is an incredible actor.

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oh B4, thats right, its all coming back now, yeah, boy did that movie suck

5. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Hahahaha oh man!! I'm the only one who dug it.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Nemesis was so boring.

And why do future alien bad guys have tribal tattoos? Lame-o!

7. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Who had tribal tattoos in Nemesis?

I know they had them in the first reboot film.

8. Asmodean

I'm not sure who else had it. But i recall they used tribal tattoos for bad guys at least twice. Which is of course an utterly ridicilous choice in a scifi like star trek. 'Oh well, they're associated with bad guys irl so lets use them on a 24th century alien bad guy'

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Well, Shinson was leader of the Remans, Nero in the reboot was Romulan.

Almost the same Race, both of which in the 2000s version had face tattoos for some reason

10. Asmodean

You're onto something!

This one from Beyond also:

[​IMG]

Although not a typical bad guy. What's with this stuff. It's already cliché irl

11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Looks like Ethan Peck will take on the role of Spock in Season 2 when the series resumes in January 2019

Btw Peck is the grandson of Gregory Peck, if he has only half the success of his grandfather (Captain Horatio Hornblower,
    Moby Dick, To Kill A Mockingbird etc..) he’ll make it in Hollywood

12. Asmodean

Bump!

I'm afraid this is going to be old fashioned waiting a whole week for the next episode the whole season. Episode 2 had a great and classic Star trek theme!

soulcompromise likes this.
  13. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I haven’t seen any of them. :/

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I fear nowadays a lot of people suffer from 1 season-itis

As kooky as season 1 was, I thought Id be into this show for its entirety since its still star trek

Watched first episode of Season 2....ugh...could barely get through first episode, sooooo 2018

15. Asmodean

I get what you saying about the first episode (i still like plenty of it though). But i liked the second better.
    And I thought the first season was just as much fun the second time I watched it. It's really pretty good! :grinning: So I'm looking forward to every next episode just like 15 years ago :p

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Releasing one episode a week is brilliant and exactly what they need to do. Especially with series that have a loyal but marginal fan base, which is the case with all sci fi.

Builds up the anticipation and loyalty.

Its my theory as to why 1 season-itis occurs. Too many good shows over the last couple years that have only lasted 2 or 3 seasons. Because if you can download a whole season and binge on one weekend, it devalues the whole thing, theres never any ..."oh, I cant wait for the next episode of....", and thus its never reinforced in your mind for a whole twelve months.

Can think of half a dozen shows in the last couple years I didnt get past season 1 with because of these reasons

Aside from that, did you end up watching Lost in Space? I thought that was brilliant? Especially the look of it, not too much cgi clutter.

I will keep watching Discovery, but at times it has too much cgi clutter that actually makes it look less realistic.

Ive only seen the first episode of season 2, another point, them trying to link it to Spock is annoying, breakaway, do your own thing, Im not sure enough people give a shit to whether she was spocks half sister or not

17. Asmodean

I don't mind Spock or the Enterprise gets drawn into Discovery (i was looking forward to it after seeing the ending of season 1), but it turns into another search for Spock which does get a bit of a drag.

First season of Lost in space starts and ends great, but in between felt a bit soapy and prolonged, with obligatory action to keep it exciting that didn't really excel in anything.

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

2nd ep

Yeah actually thats a bit more like it, probably the most star-trekkie episode so far, I liked it

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Bingeing Season 2 today

I thought season 1 was trippy, got to Season 2, ep 5....and whaat tha fuck? Star Trek on LSD and Steroids

20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

You mean like only giving lip service to real science, poor writing, and the timeline makes no sense