Star Trek Discovery

Discussion in 'Sci-Fi TV' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I don't get why people let those tied ends annoy them so much. I liked it with SW: Rogue One and i like it here. I wouldn't like it if it wouldn't fit in any way (although yes, it was done just to tie it to the newest movies, and didn't play any role in the rest of Discovery's story, but i don't see an issue there), but that would also be an exaggeration

Why should they cater to only those old fans indeed. Would seem silly. But they don't. Pike is in the rebooted franchise too. As a fan from TNG and onwards (and hasnt extensively watched the original 60s series) i dig it.

2. Asmodean

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Almost soiled my pants today, was looking through torrents, my eyes spied "stargate origins" ....wait, what? A new Stargate series woo hoo.

Even got as far as downloading it.

It was some lame ass 10 minute long web series with a high school drama budget

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lost in Space reboot on Netflix april 13 which I will be all over, looks great

5. Asmodean

^
    I'll check it out :)

So without any new stuff and getting adjusted to it, I watched some Enterprise episodes again.
    Lol The one where they go explore an unexplored earthlike planet has some very unbelievable stuff in it. I assure you I felt like VG sounds: 1) the captain refuses to send info probes first (even though T'Pol points out it should be standard procedure), just out of eagerness. 2) they walk around happy and careless, like they know all about the safety and dangers of the flora and fauna (of which they know nothing. It just looks like earth): one dude even thoroughly smells a flower with a lot of pollen. 3) the captain himself is behind 'the wheel' of the rescue shuttle which is very dangerous to land....

Did enjoy Broken bow episode again though. A normal klingon, Zefram Cocrane's little appearance, etc.
    Phlox is a fun doctor too. Almost forgot about that dude!

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I just hate prequels

So with Star Trek that makes 2 prequel TV shows and 3 stuck in the past reboots in a row

Discovery unfortunately will probably kill star trek TV for another 10 years, so it could be like a good thirty years between the end of Voyager through to when we might actually get to see a star trek series set after TNG/Voyager

I want time ships and iwatch mobile transporters and federation crew that can just email each other from their cornea implanted smartphones

7. Asmodean

8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

What about Star Trek: Enterprise? I just finished that one two months ago or so. It was alright. Only took some getting used to. It's on Netflix, but I usually get my videos (DVD) from the library.

9. Asmodean

I thought it became better later on, but still enjoy the early ones too. Lol The one where Trip becomes 'pregnant' from an alien encounter: good stuff :)

That all these series are now readily available to me via Netflix is an enormous luxury! I appreciate it more than I thought I would.

soulcompromise likes this.
  10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

That one where they get a mine stuck on the hull, and thats the story for the whole episode, they take the mine off the hull.

Too many episodes like that in the early seasons, that werent about anything

11. Asmodean

The one where Trip gets pregnant also explains how they got the holodeck technology in TNG and onwards. I like such stuff.

McFuddy likes this.
  12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

13. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

14. Asmodean

I don't get VG's enthusiasm. Original timeline with Picard means no leap forward in technology etc:

15. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Well it will be 20 years after Nemesis

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oh, I'd still love a more updated series, sometime, somewhere else

But its Patrick Stewart, could watch that dude mow the lawn whilst reciting your smartphone manual.

And I think McFuddy is right, seiries is most likely to be dark, and therefore juicy

17. Asmodean

Lets hope its nothing like Nemesis :D

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

BTW Asmo, trailer for season 2 of Discovery is looking promising

19. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I don't get the Nemesis hate!

Except Data suddenly not having the emotion chip.

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Cant remember as I only ever watched it 1 and 1/2 times it was that bad, but did Data die like forever in Nemesis?

I'm going to go from a 3/4 semi to full raging fanboy stiffy if Data is going to be in this new show as well