Star Trek Discovery

Discussion in 'Sci-Fi TV' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Sep 25, 2017.

1. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

I'm not watching any more of this. I already heard about the CBS lawsuit against Axanar but apparently they've just done the same to Star Trek Continues and forced them to stop producing any more episodes, because "they own the canon".

What an absolute shower of money orientated, selfish cunts, depriving the Star Trek fan base of this![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

STC were aiming for about 15 episodes, but they had to reduce it to 11. The next one will be the last one. CBS were nice though and gave them a pass to do a few more and then end it.

http://www.axanarproductions.com/why-star-trek-continues-violating-the-fan-film-guidelines-is-good-for-fan-films/

Therefore, CBS can go fuck themselves. I'm done with STD. CBS and JJ Abrahms have killed Star Trek.

http://www.startrekcontinues.com/

2. The Walking Dickhead

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

C'mon, no one was watching STC

4. The Walking Dickhead

[​IMG]

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

??? I was the thread starter, apology accepted ;)

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Ok, then I will admit that in my teens Episode II: Attack of the Clones was the only Star wars movie I had in my possession (VCR :-D) and it was my go to movie when i had the flu or something.
    I appreciated it more for the interesting and well worked out locations/settings and the gap it filled in the general story leading to the creation of the Empire (and of course Vader), than dialogues, acting or characters in particular.
    But the story of Boba and his dad as well as most action scenes were (are) pretty satisfying and well executed too imo!

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

ok, I think maybe I'm done with this show

Its getting way too kooky for me

A 3 part Mirror Universe story in the middle of the first season?

Mirror Universe eps are always useless as its not our universe so who cares what happens

Spore drives and mycelial networks and big fungi antennas

Have the day off today, trying to get through eps 11 and 12, but what is this shit? cos it aint star trek

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sliiiiiiiders

9. Asmodean

Are you out of pot? I have been massively enjoying the 2018 episodes so far!

10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

im not liking this second part either

and im so tired of every series needing to inject homosexual characters

11. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

The episodic format sucks. I think Star Trek was great in the past for having a new episode every time with a new plot and storyline dealing with various different situations... it was educational and enlightening. This new series is simply an exercise in violence and suffering.

The gay characters are simply a part of reality. But aren't the focus of the show, merely a sideline... all romance is not hetero, as you can see by reading the posts here on HipForums, which are a reflection of reality it seems.

Asmodean likes this.
  12. Asmodean

Strange, I see all the elements that made Star trek so great in the first place in this new series as well.

13. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

My fondest memories were of Thunderbirds. I spent hours watching Gerry moving all he little men for the stop frame and arguing with Sylvia over her voice synchronization. When he wanted to wind her up, he called her Penelope. Sadly they divorced not long after the series.

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Errrr, I just hate mirror universe eps, they are pointless. And a three parter in the first season already, its not a good sign. It is lazy writing. Seems across the internet i am not alone in that crticism

I'll still watch the show, who am I kidding, but it does feel like too many cooks are spoiling the broth, its all over the place

ZenKarma likes this.
  15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Feels like they are pandering to the SJW set, the non bitchy gay couple, frumpy Tilly, female empowerment Burnham, no female character with tits out in a catsuit so the three teenage girls that may watch the show develop eating disorders.

No show with gay characters is ever targeting the at most 3% of the population thats gay.

Lorca gets my blood running way more than the two gay guys. And i know one like Dr Culbert in real life would be a bitchy little ****.

The question is why though? Do teen guys watch TV anymore anyway, so the main demographic, as evidenced in this thread is going to be 20 to 50 something dudes.

With what happened to Culbert, feels like exactly that, they got half way through the season, did there market research, ok, even the gay guys dont care about an overly domestically blissful bullshit gay couple

16. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Once they return to 'reality' they will all be undead. It is too predictable. Not original. Almost a remake of some bad sci-fi novel... sci-fi as a genre has eroded into fantasy. I expect dragons and flying horses next.

17. Asmodean

Agree to disagree about the lazy writing.
    In what way?

Now I know after the latest episode why he really has that sensitivity to light much of his character suddenly makes sense. Big plot twist! That I doubt anyone saw coming.

I don't think those who died will walk around again once the ship returns to the universe they came from. That would be a downer. But not sure why you seem so certain of that.

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Jason Isaacs was always fine, but that episode where he has to bust out of the klingon prison, beat some heads in, he's all sweaty and taking charge

Yeah, I fapped, phroar

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

It happen to Harry in Voyager, they stole the Parrallel Universe Harry to replace the dead real Harry

20. Asmodean

Ah, I thought he got your blood running in a bad way :p

Anyway, I assume Culber stays dead. What may have worked for Harry in Voyager doesn't work here.