Stand against War

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by YankNBurn, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Forced voting by allowing people who didn't have the power to rebel may be forced democracy. But is forced democracy better then froced violent dictatorship?

In any case you're right, that is a historical debate of 2003, not a strategy debate of 2006.

2. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Well I'm certainly not agreed with Halliburtons bid free contracts. They are a large firm, and if they we're allowed to bid and won all the contracts, it would seem more fair, but as it is, it does seem a little suspicious.

I don't trust Bush, and I think the war may have been run in some ways that have hurt Iraqi citizens and put our troops in danger.

But I do think ridding Iraq from the scourge of Hussein was certainly worthwhile. I wish we had done it in '91. Because oil for food killed more people through starvation then Hussein or the Iraq invasion combined. I can substatiatue this tommorow if you want. It's hard to do now because the numbers are hidden because they are an embaresment to not only the US, but even more so, the people who have been most prominent in critizing US actions in Iraq. (French and German government controlled media which had a major stake in Iraqi Oil for Food)

Oil for food was the worst kinds of sanctions, and even if you're vihamently aginst the war, you should have an alternative to letting Husein reign or leaving the Iraqi people to starve under oil for food. Numbers have ranged as high as 4 million Iraqi satrvations and medical deaths which would have been preventable without the sanctions.

That being said, I hate Bush for many reasons, and think he could have built a broader coalition. I also think there we're some military errors, however, I'm not a trained military commander, and there is much to be said about the curse of hindsight.

3. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

worst president ever sans james buchanan who sat in the presidents chair from 1860-1861 while the union disintegrated...thats right i had to go back 146 years to find a prez to compair to...

4. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I hate Bush's radical bullshit conservative regime, but I hated Clinton far more.

Don't want to talk anymore politics tonight because I've been drinking, but If you'd like to read why, I stated it pretty clear here.

http://www.hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166953&page=6&pp=10&highlight=genocide

Essentially I blame the lost lives of over 10 million Africans on Clinton for not giving a damn.

5. jerry420

i dont blame you my friend,
    this debate was good...enjoy whatever beverage you are imbibing...:D

6. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Thaks homeboy.

Mostly Miller Highlife. And a few Zima's left over from entertaining some girls. Personally I can't drink too much sweet stuff. Stomach disagress with it.

7. jerry420

cat argue with the champagne of beers:D
    yeah same here...especially sour mix in drinks...tears the stomach right out of me...