Staind

Discussion in 'Music' started by irish151, Jan 6, 2005.

1. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

staind stuck to a formula that worked for them........

so they are quite boring, and every song sounds the same..... its acoustic hard rock....... I think aaron lewis should grow some balls and stop whining.....

ohhh if I whine and cry about how much my life sucks in this song I will get how much money??? okay......... *hit single*

2. irish151

irish151 Member

if its a hit single, than theres obviously a large amount of people that like it. Just cuz theres a small crew of people who dont liek it, that doesnt make it bad music

3. irish151

irish151 Member

then again, everyone is intitled to their opinion, but i was hoping that people would've been more respectful about it.

4. irish151

irish151 Member

wut am i in denial about? Its tru, that site is just one persons opinion, and he thinks he speaks for a nation. kinda sounds a lot like bush lol. anyways, wut is that 90% based on? whos to say wuts bad and wuts not? everyone has an opinion, and no matter wut anybody listens to, there will ALWAYS b people there to say that it sucks, so there can be no real stats or facts, its all opinon

5. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

Scientific Proof Magazine also reported in their June 5th edition that anyone who listens to Staind should be labeled as a "corporate radio tool", and should probably rethink their lives.

6. irish151

irish151 Member

wow, u are a sad pathetic individual lol. There is no such magazine as scientific proof magazine. Why are u wasting valuable oxygen on this earth? o and btw, wut music do u listen 2?

7. irish151

irish151 Member

also, we're all corporate radio tools, no matter wut music u listen to. unless its really really bad music, it will always eventually get radio play. So i suppose we should ALL rethink our lives

8. Kilgore Trout

See, there's the trap. They have brainwashed you into believing that you have no choice but to be a corporate tool...but it's not true. You have a choice! There's a whole world of music out there, and much of it...doesn't suck!

Step 1: turn off your tv & radio
    Step 2: don't ever get on launch.com ever again
    Step 3: listen to some independant (non-corporate) internet radio.
    (try www.woxy.com or www.somafm.com for starters.)
    Step 4: read more Scientific Proof Magazine

9. SimpleMan

SimpleMan Member

dude dysfucntion was and still is a great record...but when they started to shooting for power ballads and all of that I lost interest

10. irish151

irish151 Member

i barely watch tv and i rarely listen to tha radio. I understand your argument about corporations taking over and wut not, but that doesnt effect my opinion on music. Do u really think that staind is the only music i listen to? if so then u are a retarded ignorant fuck. I have a vast taste of music ranging from staind to across five aprils to a perfect circle and so on. No matter wut u say, or anybody for that matter, it will never change my opinion of music. Isnt that wut corporations do? try to force/change an opinion on u? Brainwash u and wut not? its seems so according to u. Your just a hypocrit to your own cause. And besides, wuts the point of listening to independant internet radios? if theres anything good on there, it will eventually get real radio play, and then i'll have to bitch and whine about what "conformists" they are and how they are "sell outs" and bitch about the "big bad corporations" and fight for a cause that will never win, just like u. Your just an arrogant prick. Guess wut? the music business these days is revolved around money, even if a good band has the right idea of making music for music, eventually, u kno wut? they gotta pay bills too. So mabye your the one in denial, so before you go around baggin on other peoples music, mebe u should take a good long look at yourself.

11. Kilgore Trout

Oh shit! It's worse than we thought. Sadly, you may be beyond hope.

12. irish151

irish151 Member

wow, great come back!

13. irish151

irish151 Member

and u never answered my question, wut music do u listen to? or are u too insecure to expose them here?

14. Kilgore Trout

Since you've given me a few good laughs, I'll humor you. First of all, I'm a big fan of both the radio stations I linked. I have a freind who was a dj at 97X for a long time before they sold their frequency. Their playlist is eclectic and exquisite and they have won numerous awards from Rolling Stone and others for best independent radio.

The last three cds I bought were, in order:

Bob Dylan -- bootleg series 1-3
    B'Gock -- On the Corner with Fuzz
    Mike Doughty -- Rockity Rock & Skittish (double cd)

They're all excellent.
    ...and don't feel bad. A lot of the music I listened to when I was 17 sucked, too.

15. irish151

irish151 Member

see, that is your opinion. I am sure that there are people out there who think that they suck. I cant judge cuz i havnt heard much bob dylan and havn't heard of the other 2. So i think we should just leave it like this- u have ure tastes in music, good or bad, and so do i. We all do. Its just our opinions. There is no right or wrong in it, it just is wut it is.

16. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

That's not true. Take the most classic example, the Velvet Underground... oh wait, you probably have no idea who they are. Nevermind.

And yes, there IS such a thing as having bad taste in music.

17. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

first of all, to the person who started this thread. it is an internet forum and you will get people who agree with you and people that dont. if you cant take criticism, then you definitely dont belong here. everyone has a right to their own opinion, and if you cant take that, then you truely are closed minded.

second of all, there is plenty other good music out there that you dont find on television or radio.

18. Kilgore Trout

Lou Reed = good music!

Lucifer Sam has very good taste in music.

19. irish151

irish151 Member

madcrappie, apparently u didnt see my last post also ive said in former posts that people are indeed intitaled to their opinions, mabye u missed that one. I can take other peoples opinions, its wen people are just ignorant and arrogant is wen i somtimes step in and defend my music a little bit, also i never said there was bad music on independent music radio stations and such, in my post i said IF theres anything good on there, i cant judge that because ive heard very little of it. I am very open minded and libral, ESPECIALLY wen it comes to music, but u really dont kno me so dont fucking judge me, then u'd be the close-minded one. Lucifer, ok, fine, there is such thing as bad taste in music, but it is based on OPINION, not on facts or statistics.

20. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

maybe you should type a little better, and spell like a normal human being.