Stage Fright

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by Alomiakoda, May 9, 2004.

1. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

I have to perform on Friday as the exam for my drama GCSE o_O I'm petrified and I have a horrible feeling I'm gonna completely freeze up and forget what I'm supposed to be say...

Anyone got any help/advice?

2. earthmuffin

earthmuffin Member

No worries, I get stage fright and really awful anxiety right before i'm supposed to get up on stage for a concert, or anything. Here's what works for me; get your music memorized, lines memorized, whatever it may be memorized really well, so you can practically do it in your sleep and then when you get up on stage, go with the flow and it's almost as if you're in your own little world when you're up there. Just don't focus too hard on anything, just go with it. I get really bad stage fright, and that's what my guitar teacher tought me before my last guitar recital...just go with the flow and don't care what the people think. Think to yourself that whatever it is you're doing...they can't possibly do it as well as you. :) Good luck!

3. know1nozme

know1nozme High Plains Drifter

Just stay in the moment. Pay attention to the action that you are involved in and not the little voice in the back of your head. As long as you remain focused, you will be fine.

Spend some time alone about 20 minutes before you perform. Just relax and breathe for a while. In the moments immediately before your entrance keep in mind where it is your character is coming from and what you want next - the rest will just happen naturally.

Break a leg!

4. sonik

sonik Member

Your young so this might not be the best option ;) but a drink or two can be a good way to loosen up. Just a small amount mind you, and know beforehand what your drinking will do to you!

:cool: