St. Louis Protest

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by ywarpeace, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Most people handle these situations just fine. They are there just to ride from point A to B, just like me. No issues.

The worst problem I ever had was on the San Francisco bus. The young girl went on a tirade so intense that the bus driver stopped in the middle of a block and had a police officer ride with us the rest of the way. I never spoke to her, but she threatened to cut me open "like a bag of shit" because she thought I looked at her funny. Shouldn't I be afraid of people who act like that?

It's so different in the business world. Race is never an issue, but all those people (of all races) have basic social skills.

The thing is, I react the same to everybody who appears to be violent of mentally off, whether white or black. I give them plenty of space, and I don't make eye contact. I get no reaction from the white nut jobs. The black nut jobs always assume it's strictly a racial thing. This really pisses me off! I just don't like people who appear to have no respect for others. I don't care if they're orange with green polka dots. A nut is a nut.

1 person likes this.
  2. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Well, that IS quite a bulge in his pants, now that you mention it. Cops is one way that could go.

Like, literal cops? Doing what?

3. Shale

Shale ~

I was on the Harbor Police Dept. for one year. Both Charles and I quit. I learned a lot about pigs in that time, then I turned on, tuned in and dropped out.

Shale on Wharf Harbor Police 1968
    [​IMG]

4. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Just...wow. :bomb:

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Cars looked better back then.

6. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Neat car.

7. Shale

Shale ~

It was my second 57 Chevy. When I got rid of it I got my first VW Bug. A big switch in driving.

It was just for a year. :policeman: In another lifetime. ;)

8. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I've never driven either of those, sadly.

One day, I plan to own a blue 55 chevy.

9. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

That reminds me... When you were living with a black woman, did she spend a lot of time talking about racial issues?

The only time I seriously dated a black guy, that was one thing I never quite got used to. It seemed like his friends and roommates rarely wanted to talk about anything else. Race isn't a topic that frequently comes up in my conversations.

10. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Yup. Helluva ride. [​IMG]

11. Shale

Shale ~

No not all the time, but there are occasional humorous moments, like in twilight when I would be walking in the bedroom naked (back then I had a Bikini tan line) and she would mention that I had a glow in the dark butt. Also she said I didn't have much of a butt, which was unfair judging me by black booty standards. I had thick legs tho, and that was the first thing that attracted her to me - I got it over the brothas with my legs. (I've actually had a few other black women compliment me on my legs) :)

We would talk about racial issues that affected us, like discovering my mom was a racist. (we didn't talk for a couple of years but she eventually came around and we even visited her in St. Louis) My differences went beyond race, like being a non-christian, vegetarian. The family barbeques were fun, I did OK with salad, potato salad, deviled eggs and cheese.

We managed to enroll her daughter in the Miami Beach HS when we were living in Miami. There was an affirmative action policy still going on. I sure didn't want her going to Miami Jackson HS, which was a ruff inner-city type institution. Also, when we moved to Gainesville FL I would check out an apartment, saying my wife was at work, then after we were sure it was for rent, she could show up. We live in a racist world and you have to learn to get around in it.

So, she didn't talk about racism, we sort of shared our own experiences as an interracial couple. That is a whole separate area. Ppl who can be nice to someone of another race can get nasty when they see the two mixed. We only had one scary incident of being targeted on a remote section of I-95 in South Carolina - but survived it. (Other interracial couples in that part of Dixie not so lucky). For the most part it was just disdainful stares and if either of us saw that we had a codeword: "Kiss Me" :D

1 person likes this.
  12. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

That's the way it should be! :) There's one black girl in the office. Sometimes she'll say things like, when we're ordering lunch out, "Thank you for not ordering me fried chicken and watermelon without asking." :D She never makes any serious references to race.

[roll eyes] Everybody has a racist relative.

:cheers2:

13. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

14. puffed up in my ford

puffed up in my ford Senior Member

No,we are civilized in this part of the country.dont matter what or who was wrong or right you dont go destroying your own fuckin nieghborhood.