St. Louis Protest

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by ywarpeace, Aug 13, 2014.

1. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

who are
    not you.....you have no clue what these kids go through every day...you just continue to try and ''proove'' that Michael brown was evil...now by linking his songs.....

...you are a weak human being ernie...

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Why call someone racist for having an opposite opinion on how the police is handling this situation? To me it seems Vance does a good job to share his (apparently) controversial point of view without insults and in a non provoking way. You on the other hand...

Frankly you are the one verbally bullying another in this thread for speaking his mind, rolling. Just saying. You understand it is ok for you guys to have different opinions on this matter?

3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i can plainly see his prejudice in this situation....you don't live in north America...people go around all the time claiming they have no prejudice and then they display it...like ernie......wanna call me a bully go right ahead.....someone has to defend the kid BECAUSE HE'S DEAD

if my debate lacks the eloquence of your own posts then so be it...don't give a fuck

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I don't want to call you a bully. And it is clear you don't give a fuck about a lack of eloquence. That is ok, I just think it sometimes is not just about eloquence. Just because you have a strong feeling that you are right does not make another person with a different stance invalid or disgustingly wrong at all. That's why your insults and namecalling to him does not serve anything positive.

5. Shale

Shale ~

Every police department should have dash cams or like New Orleans have personal cams attached to the cop. Unfortunately, like a shooting in New Orleans right now that could have been another police execution, the cop took her cam off before confronting the perp. She has a lame excuse for removing it and should be fired for not wearing the cam for the very reason they are put in place, to see if an action is justified.

We have the technology to end these old abuses - and the cams where used have cut down on citizen complaints of abuse. And when they issue the cams it should be clear that it is a fireable offense not to wear one while on duty.

6. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

A month ago Eric Garner was killed by a police chokehold in New York City. His death was ruled a homicide. I don't remember hearing of protests in this case. Why is the St Louis case so different?

1 person likes this.
  7. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

Yes I do have a clue what they go through daily.
    I have not tried to prove Brown was evil, I have an open mind to the situation and not taking one side or the other until all the evidence is out. But I do feel it necessary to defend the police office since many have taken the stance that he is a racist or murder. And I have not linked any songs.

8. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

You can see my prejudice? Explain to he what you see.

If the police officer story comes out to be the truth, what say you then? Keep an open mind, it is amazing what it can do.

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

NY is a dense city, large buildings, a maze of concrete nowhere to actually hide. While protests do happen in NY. The fact there nowhere to escape to makes it less an ideal place to riot. On the other hand Ferguson is a town, surrounded my wooded areas. Insurgents can disperse and regroup.

10. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I see. So NYC is different from LA? I live in a small town and was wondering why the reactions appear to be so different.

11. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

Ernesto Apocaloptimisto self-banned

There's a maximum weight limit to things that can legally be installed on windows and dashes of cop cars. For example, radar detectors and compases don't have to be subjected to DOT gov't approval. This camera will weigh in between those two things. If a person went to the Chief of Police in a city, media in tow, and said, "I have brought you enough of these dash cams that every vehicle in the fleet can have one. The cams are free and the install/3g is free. The Chief would look like a giant tool for saying no and hopefully the community would shame or vote him into allowing the installations. I ran this by a Sherrif's deputy at the gas station last night ad he said, "Oh yeah, that would be awesome! The ones we have suck and it would sure give me peace of mind!" I think other officers would feel the same, unless they're dirty pigs.

12. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

The current cams that are available act like they're almost designed to fail. In fact most of the cop car crap is horribly designed and manufactured. The guys that were setting up the new cars before me charged $600 per car and the average service rate per car was six times per year. There's about $12k worth of equipment that goes into those things and it breaks all of the time. I charged $2500 to do the installs because I re-engineered all of the planned obsolescence and ghetto fab out of the stuff. They pissed and moaned about the price and eventually started taking the cars back to the chepo guy but a year later, I saw one of the detectives and the Chief when I came back through town and they were BEGGING me to work on their cars again. Not one of the cars I built ever had a single issue. A few even got rolled/headon collisioned and everything I installed stayed put and still worked. I politely told them no thanks and went back to consulting for mmj dispensaries and running my property maintenance business.. You get what you pay for!

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

yes. LA much different than NY also. LA is very large, open, not full of skyscrapers, partially wooded areas. The scene alone from a helicopter view over LA shows much area to disperse into.

2 people like this.
  14. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

I've got you on ignore but like gawkers at a car wreck, I just had to see what you're spouting now.

I don't even like talking about racism because the thought that I may be empowering it by giving it energy actually physically sickens me. But one thing I've learned in life is that if you don't stick up for yourself, others probably aren't going to defend you either.

FYI, I've been damn near beaten to death for being white, a few times. I went to Omaha North High School in the 90's. We had metal detectors and armed guards there. I got jumped/shot at all of the time and shot in the back of the leg once as I was running away, for having long hair, having duct tape holding my shoes together. My bikes got stolen, all kinds of BS. One good friend was hospitalized ofer a Spurs jacket. Another was beat with bats by four guys until I stopped it. Did it make me racist, not one bit. In fact it made even more anti racist because I've been a victim of it for a large portion of my life. From age 5 to 17, my brother and I were one of the few whiteys in our schools. In Texas the Mexican gangster wannabes hated us because of the color of our skin but most of the kids were nice, in Nebraska, same story but African Americans, and a lot bigger percentage of them subscribed to the gangsta thug culture. It was a fuckin war zone. The girls were even nasty ignorant racists!

I do however, find it difficult to respect or deal with willfully ignorant people that fall for violent cultures, and obviously destructive and unsustainable lifestyles. It SUCKS Mike Brown got shot. It sucks he had to grow up in the hood with no real chance. It sucks that there are cops! However, I grew up in a worse ghetto than he did and I've never robbed a store, punched a cop, or spouted ignorant sounding violent lyrics. I see that little spark in some of Brown's pics. I would smoked a blunt with him any day, put some guitar tracks down for him, suggested more positive lyrics, despite not approving of his lifestyle but I didn't get a chance to because he let the angry thug inside overpower the sweet soul and I'll never have that opportunity to chill with him now.

Clear as mud?

I find it really funny that on every forum I post truth and rational thoughts on, there are usually two or three people that just decide they don't like me because I make them think a little too hard. If I don't piss someone off here and there, my message obviously isn't strong enough so thanks for letting me know that I'm getting my points across here.

I know how the lack of tone and inflection in text can cause misunderstandings but I don't think that's what's going on here. I'm guessing you're either a miserable troll or you're working for the government, trying to spin the truth so the people stay confused. I don't think anyone here is falling for your crap.

I'll try harder to wad your panties up in the future and I'll also try harder to not hit the "show post anyway" button.

My advise to you is to go on an Ayahuasca retreat and get a good purge/reset. If you come back and apologize, I'll buy you some beers someday. Ok big shooter?

1 person likes this.
  15. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

Only my friends call me Ernie. You can refer to me as Sir until informed otherwise. ;)

16. QueerPoet

QueerPoet Senior Member

Yeah, Shale said it best. I've lived in the ghettos of Chicago (as a minority white), and was never bothered by the cops as much as my darker brothers and sisters. But I still loved to give the cops the "fuck" finger when they invaded our hood. Which just happened to be every single weekend. :)

QP

17. Shale

Shale ~

Same here in Miami. We are an LA type spread out city except for a few blocks in the downtown business district. NY had to build upward from the start - we just built all the way from Biscayne Bay to the Everglades.

18. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Stronger sense of community in St. Louis than NYC?

19. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

My guess is that there's something way shady going on in the government right now and this situation got incited/egged on, and over publicized to distract us from some real shit. I've been searching hard but other than Al Quaeda magically turning into ISIS and getting weapons and support from the US now, I haven't found the turd under the rug yet.

20. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

[​IMG]