Sri Lanka Easter church bombings

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by 6-eyed shaman, Apr 21, 2019.

1. I remember when I started hearing this sort of thing. It was usually from leftists trying to "prove" how benevolent they were. It's only recently slathered onto right wing types, but it doesn't stick as well since all people on the right are rabid racists who have no black friends (or props). Leastwise, according to the leftists who are dogging them.

But so much time has passed that the slimy leftist aspect of this faded long ago. Kind of like the way the crack/powder sentencing differences are supposedly the result of sheer racism. The reality is quite the opposite as it was black leaders and clergy who wanted the laws enhanced to keep crack dealers in jail for a very long time. So their communities could heal.

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  2. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

It's still the confuctions of WW2 getting sorted out . Takes awhile . Sri Lanka had been dominated by the Brits , as so India , as so the Middle East ,
    and Africa . After the War , Brits were bombed-out and more had to mind to their own business . But still they muddle .

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Like I said having a black friend does not excuse an ignorant attitude to racial and religious relations. There are black Republicans who quote Hitler now for example. Are they not racist when quoting a man who wanted to kill all Jews and who was also not fond of black people?

It does not have to be a thing divided on party lines. We can all have friends of any type.

4. Elisabeth Warren proudly quoted Mao, does that make her a Chinese Communist? Quoting Hitler doesn't make someone a Nazi, unless of course, they are quoting it for that specific purpose.

Hitler thought that hunting down animals was immoral. Does saying that make me a Nazi? Of course not. How would anyone know what a twisted asshole Hitler was if nobody was allowed to quote him?

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  5. lode

lode Banned

That's how our 18 year long war in Afghanistan started.

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Wow, this page in particular

Some looney toon theories

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

Burka ban