Sri Lanka Easter church bombings

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by 6-eyed shaman, Apr 21, 2019.

1. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

In the USA 911 incident the targets were symbolic ; the center of world trade and a global military (Pentagon) .

The Sri Lanka militants attacked these : Christian church and luxury hotel . What's the connection , what's their complaint ?
    I don't understand , but the locals probably do .

2. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Well he did put up a crazy post.... Not that many in Sri lanka!! (Maybe he made a mistake)

The whole thing is sad.... and on easter!!

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

nobody makes a twitter mistake. no..
    there is no edit.. the tweet must be deleted and posted again.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

VG here's your boy..

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  5. flippedcanvas

flippedcanvas Members

That whole thing smells of racial conflicts and once again they're using religion as a confusing excuse! Hopefully they'll get to the bottom of this, fingers crossed!

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

7. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I appreciate a Muslim like you saying this and bringing it out to the open. As well as your charitable intents.

Having Muslim leaders from around the world publicly condemning terrorist acts would help a lot. I also think western media could help by giving such leaders a voice as well. So I totally agree with you here.

It doesn’t help at all when western media coddles the Islamic religion and is too afraid to call Islamic terrorism what it is when an attack occurs. A critical discussion needs to be had about this within the Muslim community from insiders and outsiders. This discussion can’t be made when westerners are too terrified to criticize and terrorism because they think it will offend all Muslims though.

8. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The issue is people who have not read the Quran or people who have and see what they want in it don't accept the idea Islam is a peaceful religion. They think what you call "peace" only exists if everyone is already Muslim. At that point society has no need to kill since everyone is moral. They ignore all the violent passages of the Bible that have the same idea. They will say Christians are peaceful and do not kill their neighbor if he works on Sunday. If they rape a girl they do not pay her father some silver to make it OK. The Bible says they should do these things.

It's a biases of Americans. When their book says something bad they pick and choose. A Muslim must 100% follow his and he wants to as well.

I've heard "Islam is a religion of peace" used in a mocking way many times by the Fox news viewers of this country. I wonder if they have read the Bible.

bugsboner likes this.
  9. deleted

deleted Visitor

id like to side with you 6, but the populous of the lankan is so flippy floppy. its been the centerfold of unrest for some time.
    Id assume that some or many of the Christians there are versed in Islam and vicyversa.. /. in many places they overlap.. As well myself I attend both church and mosque and know both books well. ..
    torah no i do not, and do not care. I figure is blah blah moses is the hero in this book. I mean after all, its possible to make him a martyr just kill him before the over-throw..

10. 6-eyed shaman

It seems the media was furious with Trump gaffing the death count at 138 million, because they wanted to downplay the significance of the catastrophe, by calling the victims "Easter worshipers" rather than Christians. It's tough to downplay a horrible mass killing when the president blows it out of proportion with a tweet that'll go viral.

Orison likes this.
  11. Remember when "outrage" was the go-to word from the Middle East? Well, it's here in the US in various incarnations. I admit I'm puzzled at how anyone could possibly believe that Trump was in any way serious by his number gaff. So in the rush to shout from the rooftops "lookie, we finally have PROOF that Trump is an utter moron", these jokers in the media only put their pettiness on full display.

I admit I thought the "Easter Worshippers" was weird, then the Magpies started repeating it, and the agenda became crystal clear. If they acknowledge "Christians", their handlers will spank them. And then toss them from a building for liking it.

Mustard Tiger and 6-eyed shaman like this.
  12. deleted

deleted Visitor

13. unfocusedanakin

Who else but Christians worship on EASTER? Like if I said there was a Hanuka attack. In each example only one religion finds that day important or 8 days I guess. You are looking too hard for outrage. Most people put 2 and 2 together.

Meliai likes this.
  14. 6-eyed shaman

Welcome to politics. These people choose their words carefully for political purposes. The left has enslaved themselves to their own game of political correctness. They don't want to actually say "Christians" because it would sound like they're pandering to the republican base.

15. unfocusedanakin

Huh? I have no idea what you mean. It's an illusion of the right that only they are Christian. There is no con job and nothing to gain from not saying the magic word Christian. It's amazing the non-issues you obsess over just because you hate Muslims.

16. 6-eyed shaman

I lived with a Senegalese Muslim for 14 months and I taught him and his friend how to use a Glock. I’m a lousy excuse for an islamaphobe. I don’t hate Muslims; I criticize them has hard as the left criticizes Christianity. Does that mean the left hates Christians?

Come to think of it, maybe they do. If they can’t call the victims out by the name of their religion. I don’t call Muslims “Ramadan worshipers.”

Orison likes this.
  17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The whole Easter versus Christian thing is really silly, i agree with unfocused there. Just more fake outrage from the right. If there were attacks during Ramadan and the media described them as Ramadan attacks, no one would try to claim the media was trying to minimize Muslims. Y'all are always looking for something to be upset over

Only one religion celebrates Easter and we all know they're Christians.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  19. unfocusedanakin

This is the equivalent of "I'm not racist I know a black guy". One person does not excuse an entire attitude or the general culture hate and tension you clearly support here.

Who knows the kind of comments or tension that existed during this time. Only 14 months? My educated guess is that you came at him heavy with the right wing "both sides" thinly veiled as ignorance and bigotry nonsense and often challenged him. I truly doubt you did not do this. And this all IF this is even true which again I doubt.

Perhaps it was more he was "one of the good ones". You personally like him while still assuming a lot of his people. Like for example the things you post here which are all right wing stereotypes of what you need a Muslims to be. Rather than accept all you assume guilt until innocence is shown.

20. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Sri Lanka had earlier been racked by bloody conflicts of the nature of linguistic nationalism between the Tamils and Sinhalas. Now it is facing conflicts of the nature of religious nationalism between fundamentalist Islamists and the other religions.

As long as there are dualistic ideologies that demonises the 'other', there is bound to be conflict.

Orison likes this.