Squeamish?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by ROLLINGALONG, Sep 16, 2013.

1. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

....are you squeamish?

....to this day I have a hard time putting a worm on a fish hook........

blood doesn't bother too much as long as its not my own kids blood....I occasionally must look away during a graphic movie....usually war movies cause I don't watch horrors much

I can p/u a dead mouse in a mouse trap but I wont fucking release the dead mouse and re use the trap...cant do it....whole thing goes in the garbage

bugs etc don't bother me much...I have spiders all over this house

once in awhile I gotta look away watching a video where someone breaks a limb and its all bent in the wrong direction....specially legs,....that freaks me out

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm not very squeamish. I don't like to see people hurting so I have a hard time dealing with injuries in others, but it isn't really the blood and gore that bothers me. I used to love dissecting animals in school

I don't really care for spiders. They make me a bit squeamish

3. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

I could never kill a spider but I don't think I am very squeamish. I did recently witness a particularly gory car accident up close and gore seems to bother me a little more. Its more that I associate it with death more than I used to.

4. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I'm not squeamish, but it absolutely kills me to see a dog screaming in pain. And some people. I'm surprisingly calm and collected in the event of an accident/injury. I've had people bleeding all over me and passing out and what not.

5. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

maggots...those things creep me out and are just nasty to deal with...dry heaving right now jsut thinking about them

everything else..i'm fine with lol

6. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

maggots are brutal..... they usually surprise you

now I have chickens so if I ever get maggots it will be a gourmet meal for the hens

7. deviate

deviate Senior Member

You would've died the other day. We have an outside trashcan at the shop and it's in the party district so always full of beer bottles and food and shit.

A few days ago the GS had emptied it and I was outside getting in a car. He flipped it over and slammed it on the pavement and like 5,000 maggots came out on the ground.

I was like 'you gonna kill that shit brah?' And he said no they'll die in the sun. Sure enough there was a pile of dead maggots in 30 min.

I hear some people eat them. Good protein.

8. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I don't like the see the suffering of animals. I can deal with it in a pinch, I don't shy away from assisting in messy situation.

9. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

Nah im nit squeamish

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Not too much... A few things I'd rather not deal with like vomit.

11. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Good point. Puke is no bueno.

12. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Severed limbs and dead stuff. It's like once it loses life, I want nothing to do with it. I certainly don't want to touch it. I'm terrified of losing a finger or something, because once it's off of me, my thought process is, "Well, that's no longer mine, fuck it." Haha

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

about some things i guess. i don't like serous injuries. but i sort of think there'd have to be something wrong with anyone who does. i try to avoid being bothered by most things. other then human aggressiveness. which i feel it is natural and healthy that everyone should be bothered by, even though we can't always do anything about it.

14. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Lost all my squeamishness the first time I killed, field dressed, skinned and butchered a deer.

15. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

As mentioned maggots for some reason make my skin crawl.

Mice or rats. I am terrified of them and they appear to be about 7 feet tall when I see them. Even with being terrified I can't kill them. I use a live trap and the kids turn them loose for me. So I guess I am squeamish about killing them for some reason.

16. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

when I was married back in about 1980 my father in law wanted me to come over to the other cottage with him........this guy never spoke to me so I was a bit surprised.........

typical hardcore Italian dude like luca bratza..........he takes me down the basement and there....hanging from a beam is a freshly killed lamb......I had to help butcher it with him and his brothers.it was awful....I near fainted

17. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

I really have no cool stories to share

18. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I'm not squeamish at all. I mean, I don't like roaches and stuff but got used to them so that now I'm like...hey fucker, and then I kill it.

I think when I was young I watched too many Holocaust movies. I used to be very into WWII history and I watched this movie where it showed the inside of the concentration camps right after they were discovered. Piles of emaciated bodies, piles of clothes, ash, etc. I was kind of sickened by how little it actually bothered me and I knew I had to stop watching that stuff because I was getting desensitized.

Movies like Cannibal Holocaust didn't bother me much either. Or House of 1000 Corpses. But those movies aren't real, so it's easier to not feel like a horrible person if I don't get squeamish from it.

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

Highway of death..

20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I really don'y like the shaving scene in the movie "The Wall"... The first time I saw it I was tripping. When he starts slicing his eyebrows off.... I actually felt it. Still bothers me. :leaving: