Sprint sucks!

Discussion in 'Consumer Advocacy' started by Pablo, May 20, 2004.

1. Pablo

Pablo Member

I would just like to say that Sprint sucks donky balls. They set me up with this "discount package" for dsl and phone for "39.95 per month with free modem" well it turns out that the package doesnt include the dsl it just puts a "discount" on it, so with taxes its actualy $85.50 per month, something they didnt tell me when i repeatedly asked "so thats the total cost, 39.95 right?". and though the modem is free there is a $99.99 set up fee which they also didnt tell me about though i asked repeatedly if there were any other fees. So i cant afford 85.50 a month, so i called them to cancel, there is a $100 cancelation fee! no matter when i cancel! god damn im pissed off. Oh, and more than half the time, it doesnt work! it just wont connect, and it noticably slows down my computer and causes errors. And their 24 hour tech suport will only redirect you via touch tone to your local not-24-hours sprint office, infact they only seem to be open about 3 hours a day. They dont know a damn thing, and they are rude. Please if you dont want to pay more than twice the price they say for less than half of what they promise, do not use sprint, they suck so bad it hurts! They wont even let you leave for free!

2. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

Sprint does suck...
    one of my friends goes through sprint and they royally fuck him every chance they get...Bastards.

3. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

I can relate.I got At&T and i asked them over and over how much my plan was going top cost.I get my first bill and it is 100dollars and 20 of that were in taxes.Then when they told me that i would be in the calling area that i live in i get home to find out that that was crap.Now i have a phone plan for two years and can only get calls made when i go to the city.Seems they are only into it for the money and will say anything to make a buck.

4. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

I have AT&T and they suck really bad. They always screw me, my phone gets turned off so much, they try and get as much money out of you as they can. With stupid charges that dont even make sense and good luck trying to bring that up to them though..

5. Pablo

Pablo Member

yeh sprints the same, they think they can just pull charges out of their ass and make you pay them, and they get away with it, cause you cant get through to them and even if you tried to take it to court it would cost way more, and theyd have some fine print hidden somewhere that said they could do it. It sucks, i cant go without phone, and theres no other providers availible in the area. and here i thought monopoloys were illegal. of cource even if another was here, they would suck too, of the three MCI is probably the least sucky, and thats the one thats not around.

6. peaceband_chick

peaceband_chick Member

That's why I got one of the prepaid phones. I only pay for what I use, and no more.

7. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Dealing with public utilities can really suck, especially in cases like yours. I have worked for a telephone company for years and know both sides of the scene. You have a recourse in any dealings with ANY public utility and that is the consumer affairs department of your state's utilities commision. You may not get satisfaction, but at least Sprint will have to spend time dealing with you on an official level. At best you will get what you wanted, which was the service you subscribed to at the price you were quoted. At worse, you will be a royal pain in the ass to them.

The link to the North Carolina Utilities Commission consumer complaints is:
    http://www.ncuc.net/consumer/ucconsum.htm
    Call them at the number listed or use the link and file a complaint online.

Good luck

8. Pablo

Pablo Member

thanks, i will use that.

9. golfballs

golfballs Member

Thats right, report them to the FCC.gov and give them hell. This agency will report to them your complaint and proceed with fines etc., against sprint if they are found to be in the wrong. This company will never get my business again.

Also, check out this site. Its from another person who hates sprint so much, they've put up a web page saying so. It's great!. www.ctyme.com/sprint/

Golfballs.

10. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

MCI sucks more.

11. mtatge

mtatge Member

Sprint STEALS Money from its customers. READ ON >

Sept. 26, 2006

Gary Forsee
    Chief Executive Officer
    Sprint Nextel Corp.
    2001 Edmund Halley Drive
    Reston, VA 20191

Dear Mr. Forsee

I am writing to inform you of a billing practice by your phone company that I believe is stealing millions of dollars from customers annually. Yes, stealing. Please let me explain.

Your company bills a month in advance when a new subscriber signs on service. I am one of those customers. I was with Sprint for six years. But for reasons I won’t get into in this letter, I chose to leave your service in August 2006.

My two year contract expired on Aug. 21. I ported my number over to Verizon Wireless on Aug. 25, four days later. I couldn’t do it on the 25th or sooner – I would have been charged an early contract termination fee.

Your company charged me for service from Aug 26 to Sept. 21, or $59.80. One problem: I only used the service for four days. But I had already paid for this month when I signed up for Sprint two years ago. (Remember, you bill a month in advance.)

When I asked customer relations to prorate my bill for four days, a supervisor said he couldn’t do that – it was against company policy and there was nothing he could do.

I am writing to ask this money, less four days of prorated service, be returned to me.

Viewed another way, if 30% of your 45.6 million customers elect to leave Sprint (or churn as analysts call it) and you charge them an extra month of service, that amounts to $807 million you have taken from people – giving them nothing in return.

In my book, that is theft. I think you should stop this practice immediately and start prorating customers bills.

Sincerely,

Mark Tatge

12. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

I haven't had too much luck with Sprint. I haven't been able to find any good wideband internet service in my area.

The only thing I like about Sprint is that commercial they've been running against Cingular where the Sprint cowboy keeps pulling his gun and slapping the face of the Cingular guy really fast. :)

Maybe Sprint should be pulling a gun on and slapping the face of their customers in that commercial. They sure know how to quick trick and abuse their customers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. MIIDAJ

MIIDAJ Member

Yea our phone guy at work told me nextel which is what i have and sprint suck the most and they joined up. im glad my contract goes out in december.

14. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

I have had US Cellular, Sprint and Alltell and so far Sprint has done me very well. I have thier SpanAmrica Plan with 2 other phones and they always work with me. I even had some Canada charges and they lifted them for me even though they were mine.

Cant say much about thier non wireless service since I have Centurytel for that one.

15. Crazy_P

Crazy_P Member

Fuck sprint. With wireless, it's a 2 year contract. Consumer reports tells you a phone will last about 18 months. Then if you want a new phone, it's either $150!! or renew for another 2 years. Or terminate the contract, which is also $150. Bullshit. The same as a package of 6 hotdogs and 8 buns, except they charge you if you want to stop eating the disgusting, poorly maintained hotdogs.

16. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

I've never had a phone die before. I also always sign up for 2 years at a time. In VA the best service (as in reception) is in this order:
    Verizon
    Cingular
    T-mobile
    Nextel
    Sprint

17. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

I know how ya feel! Since Embarq took over, not only do the costs suck, SO does the service. I've had to reset my connection,modem and contact customer support so often I don't even have to translate the WORD into numbers anymore. 1-866-go-data. I'm getting a Cable connection in Janurary.