Spoilers: Yay or Nay

Discussion in 'Hip or Not?' started by BeatinFeet69, May 3, 2018.

?

Are you ok with spoilers for films& what not

1. Yep

2. Nope

3. Don't give a damn either way

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Deidre likes this.
  2. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

It helps me decide what movies I want to see.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  3. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I love spoilers. I will still watch to the end of a series even if it’s been “spoiled.” Having said that, TONS of people hate spoilers so the spoiler tag should be used ...probably.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  4. Thanks Beatin.

I honestly really do not mind spoilers. Not word of mouth, anyway, after seeing the film. I like that...I like that people get excited AFTER seeing it and discuss it.

It's trailers beforehand and all of the made up baloney beforehand that really bothers me and ruins films for me. In the old days I bet there were spoilers all the time. "And then Luke TOTALLY blows up the Death Star!" "Man, I've got to see that!" Nowadays it's like (trailer of Luke blowing up the Death Star) and then (man telling us that the Death Star is the home of Jar Jar Binks where he builds robot ewoks to take over Manhattan.)

I don't know if I CAN use the spoiler tag, either. Usually I won't talk about a movie, so I don't have to. But in the case of Avengers, I think a spoiler is necessary if you're gonna bring kids to that movie expecting a positive uplifting ending.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  5. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

I don't give a damn about movies these days so I couldn't care less if someone throws out spoilers. I do believe that it's a matter of respect that a person at least warn before they let it out. Not everyone wants to hear about a film's major plot points ahead of time.

Asmodean likes this.
  6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it depends on the movie (or whatever other form of storytelling you may be doing). if it's just a stupid action movie, then who cares? if it's a mystery story where the whole point is building up to the surprise twist at the end, then a spoiler pretty much ruins the whole thing.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Whenever I get into a tv show I will read a review of each episode before i watch the episode. So thats how i feel about spoilers lol

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  8. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I avoid spoilers at all costs.

Some movies--The Sixth Sense comes to mind--would be completely ruined.

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

No, especially with new movies its just nasty behavior. Plain simple

GLENGLEN likes this.
  10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Its this simple.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  11. Michael1985

Michael1985 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have no issues with spoilers because it's still entertaining to learn of the journey to the outcome.