Split

Discussion in 'New Movies' started by The Walking Dickhead, Apr 6, 2017.

1. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

The latest offering from M Night Myashalan director of The Sixth Sense.

I thought it was alright, and James McAvoy?

I've never really rated him as an actor, I thought he was alright in The Last King Of Scotland, but in Filth I just thought he was a ****, maybe that was the idea.

Anyway, I was a bit taken aback by this. He plays a character who suffers from multiple personality disorder and throughout the film me slips in and out of different personas, and he was surprisingly very good. Emphasis on the very, he really nailed it.

I was never a fan of The Sixth Sense, it just annoyed me.

But this was alright, and it's a bit of a thriller/art movie crossover? I thought it was going to end predictably, but there were a series of twists to the plot that just got more crazy and unfathomable towards the end, and I like that in films.

It tackles some very dark things about human nature, and in a way that I have yet to work out in my head relates that in some way to both mental illness and animal instinct.

Possibly quite clever, I'm not sure yet. I'd certainly rate this film. perhaps it's a watcher againer, I don't know yet because I haven't watcher againered it yet.

Also, the final twist. What the fuck is that all about? Some kind of referential shit, I'm not that familiar with the director's work. Good cameo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84TouqfIsiI

[​IMG]

2. Candybuttons

Candybuttons Sweet Member

I was hoping it was going to be scarier. I give it a 6 outa 10. It was more interesting than scary.

3. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

It's difficult to find scary films these days, technological advancements in special effects have made directors lazy. But not David Lynch though, he does a good job of depicting freaky ass shit still.

4. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

At a glance I thought they were all different people in that picture, so I am intrigued to see him act this now.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

movie was dumb. lost me in 20mins..