split personality?

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by TyeDyeChild, Jan 21, 2009.

1. TyeDyeChild

TyeDyeChild Member

i dont know, but some pple have told me to go get checkt in for borderline split personality...but heyy i think im pretty normal, but wud be symptons if any1 wud know hahah lol?

2. Vaol

Vaol Member

I don't know if there is such a thing as a borderline split personality, Some of the symptoms of MPD/DID are

-Multiple personalities, on average 10 though there can be as few as two and as many as 100
    -Exhibits different personalities, behavior and even physical characteristics
    -Episodes of amnesia or time loss (i.e.: don't remember people, places, etc.)
    -Often they are depressed or suicidal
    -Self-mutilation is common
    -1/3 of patients experience visual or auditory hallucinations
    -The average age for the development of alters is 5.9 years
    -Depressive symptoms
    -An inability to focus in school (in childhood)
    -Conduct problems (in childhood)
    To be clinically diagnosed with DID, the following symptoms must be identified:

-The presence of at least two distinct personalities with their own relatively enduring pattern of sensing, thinking about, and relating to self and environment
    -At least two of these personalities assume control of behavior repeatedly
    -Extensive inability to recall major personal information cannot be attributed to common forgetfulness
    -This behavior is not caused directly by substance abuse or a general medical condition

Sorry if this was too much, or too little. Here's the site I got the info from. http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=38077#symptoms

3. gaiabee

gaiabee Member

I've never heard of borderline split personality. Why do they say this to you?