spirituality and science

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Sprout420, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Sprout420

Sprout420 Member

Some people rely only on belief while others rely upon knowledge, but i think that they compliment eachother. Maybe humans need to transcend a little more and learn to utilize belief and knowledge in order to find truth. I dont think people should view religion as opposites rather see them as complimentary aspects of our lives. What is everyone thoughts

2. tubahead

tubahead Member

You can't have knowledge without belief. In order for somebody to know something, she has to believe it.

3. prana

prana Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
  4. plebe

plebe Member

Usually, religion creates confusion because it has been screwed up by people. I have spent the past few months searching for evidence of an afterlife and reincarnation beyond individual observations or reports. At the same time, I've also been reading about the studies claiming that most, if not all, psychic phenomena could be attributed to brain or mind activity. While I haven't found anything to refute the hard core believer in scientism, I have found what I consider to be the ultimate compendium of the research that has been done on all the various aspects of psychic phenomena. It doesn't have everything included in it, but provides an excellent overview of the work that's been done as well as references for those who want more or who want to duplicate the author's efforts.
    I would be interested in a rational discussion with anyone who isn't convinced after reading this e-book. Here's the link: http://www.openmindsite.com/dl/21days.pdf
    Enjoy!