Spiritual & Philosophical wisdom

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Deidre, May 8, 2018.

1. [​IMG]

October eh

Irminsul likes this.
  2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|-|=|-|_

3. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

The average man is ruled by the explosions of his emotions, and cannot think clearly. - Yogananda

Conflict is always emotional. – Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

Emotions arise from thoughts which arise, in turn, from foundational belief structures about the nature of Reality and your own innate identity.- Metta Zetty

The conflict in the world is not between good and evil, as is so often projected. The conflict is always between one man’s belief and another man’s belief, whether it is within the family or between nations. The moment you believe something, you are in conflict with the opposing belief. You can postpone it with moderate talk. But conflict is inevitable. – Jaggi Vasudev

Ego is complete identification with thought and emotion. – Eckhart Tolle

Be aware that what you think, to a large extent, creates the emotions that you feel. See the link between your thinking and your emotions. Rather than being your thoughts and emotions, be the awareness behind them. – Eckhart Tolle

Walk into a situation consciously and you will be able to walk out of it harmlessly. - Vernon Howard

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed and Confused Staff Member Super Moderator

5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man. HipForums Supporter

The exact opposite may be true, at least for me. Sorry.

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|-|=|-|_

Don't apologize to me, apologize to Elon.

7. Ged

My point being that too much self-questioning can get in the way of spontaneous creative expression, and that the idea that you always have to exceed your limitations sets up a barrier to freeing what is innately within you. Sometimes what you already have is good enough. Picasso said it was a good idea to work at 75 percent of your ability, and just hope that the really hot moments come along now and again.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  8. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice I Am Only An Egg Lifetime Supporter HipForums Supporter

I think I might join a UU church.

9. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

If UV were operating in the UK I would probably check it out at least.

10. Ged

"All these sins I've done before they just don't concern me anymore I see my silver lining in the sky"

11. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

12. Meliai

Meliai Senior Member

Quotation-Anton-Chekhov-Do-silly-things-Foolishness-is-a-great-deal-more-vital-50-4-0447.jpg

There's a lot of truth to this

EloiseAtThePlaza and Ged like this.
  13. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Job 11:7 - "Can you find out the deep things of God? Can you find out the limits of the Almighty?"

14. I really like this.

Kind of reminds me of this:

[​IMG]

Meliai and Deidre like this.
  15. wilsjane

wilsjane Member

You have been watching too much "Father Ted" LOL.

16. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

17. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I appreciate the sentiment behind most religions. There are some beautiful lessons there. I just think people get too zealous about it and can't keep that shit to themselves.

18. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Job 11:7 Can you find out the deep things of God? Can you find the limits of the Almighty?

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  19. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Rumi - Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.