Spells

Discussion in 'Paganism' started by Deidre, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I don't follow Wicca, and don't really feel drawn to much of it. However, I find the concept of spells to be intriguing. I found a Wiccan website that provided some useful information about Wiccan spells, and I decided on a very basic/easy spell last night. A ''beginner'' spell, the site called it.

I believe in God, so I chose to invoke God as part of the spell. The spell itself was really one to banish a negative person and all of his negativity from my life. Dare I say, this spell worked? I felt so positive today, and free. Less burdened, and I'm hopeful that the negativity coming from my boss (the person I had in mind) will cease.

So I was reading more about all this tonight, and there are two categories - white and black magic. I have no desire to harm anyone with spells, but maybe now and then, use a spell as a form of empowerment, or a tool to help build strength, and positivity.

I've never thought this would interest me, but it's pretty curious. Has anyone here dabbled with spells, and how did it make you feel? I kind of view it more as a form of prayer, and you're sort of acting out your desire through it all. The word ''spell'' makes me feel like I'm intending to alter someone's life lol Idk. But, it was a spell of sorts. :blush:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2018
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Mhmm, well not "spells" but good luck and hexes for sure. I'm not into wicca or anything, I dabble in the talismanic arts of Rune casting and Rune lore. Well not much casting I suppose, but if you're really into it like I am, you're whole life becomes revolved around Runes, you start noticing and seeing them everywhere.

Now most people think Runes are ancient Scandinavian letters or Germanic lettering but they play a much more important roll. They are a sound, a letter, a glyph and dimension of energetic values.

If you actually took away the walls of many European cottages and old buildings you will find a plethora of runic influences. Our ancestors built strong complexes from binding Runes together with beams and construction and they've stuck with this platform and are still using it today thought it's quite hidden knowledge. Most of these binds would be for safe keeping or for strong foundation.

Hard to explain Rune work to people who don't understand, it dwells around certain numbers and a lot of math where you want a bind to represent in a lot of cases, the number 9, which is an important number in Norse and Germanic Heathenry. Multiples of 9 are the best to try and use.

Then it becomes very personal and what really fits your ideal mould of life. There's a lot of people who "believe" in the same thing as me, yet our beliefs are really so far different to each others which is the beauty of paganism, it let's the user control their own life rather than have a commandments and do and do nots, sins etc. You have every option to love life the way you want and how you see fit, but there's consequences to your actions etc.

Deidre likes this.
  3. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

I hope i don't make you mad on here. :D

Don't you need something from someone to cast spells on them? Like a piece of their clothing, hair, or something that has their scent?

It would be interesting to hear if the negativity still ceases after a month or two. Please update. :)

Deidre likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sounds like West African voodoo that stuff.
    Most hexes I come across seem to just bind negativity to a general area so if you place a hex on a talismanic object and place around the surroundings of who you want to curse then it draws negativity and bad vibes. FYI every single one of my IRL enemies are either dead or in jail. ;) most likely just garbage people, as they were. But you never know.

Deidre likes this.
  5. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

I do white magick..and spells, yes..for prosperity, luck,whatever I wish.. Spells and rituals are indeed impowering. A good way to ward off dark or negative energy or entity is salt. Sprinkle outside your home. Sage , or smudging your home and self is also good. I have gotten into using oils. I just bought one today made by a company called 7 sisters. It's called Stay away Hate. I also like the one called Keep enemies away.
    I'm not wican or pagan. I'm more of a Catholic, Buddhist , Hindu Unitarian, whatever that is. I'm basically a good witch. Or mostly. :Cackle:

McFuddy and Deidre like this.
  6. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I have SO many questions, I don’t know where to begin. :D I’m fascinated by others’ beliefs and practices.

7. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

No, each spell has its own unique “ingredients.” I’m not sure if dark magic works the same.

Well, he’s been a lot better since I cast the spell lol Coincidence? Maybe. But then earlier today, he acted up again. I honestly wish he’d go away, tbh but why would he quit when he can be an asshole to everyone and get paid well? He would never last in a larger firm.

8. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

So runes are forms of energy would you say?

Can you describe a hex? Are hexes similar to curses? (I’ve always assumed they are)

9. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, I use Magick.

I studied Wicca under a High Priestess for 18 months. I gathered much valuable knowledge and left the formal setting of an organized Coven because of some issues between my husband and the High Priestess.

That was okay. I got what I needed and moved forward in the direction of my choosing.

I do use natural substances such as herbs and crystals. I do honor the Earth and her cycles - the natural rhythm of life, etc.

I do use some spells to focus intent and that's basically what spells and magickal tools do for us.

themnax and Deidre like this.
  10. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

It would be something if your boss also practiced Wicca and was able to tell if anyone was casting a spell on him and was able to reverse it.

Then while at work, he whispers in your ear, "nice try."

lol scary thought that came to me.

Asmodean and Deidre like this.
  11. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Omg I’m laughing so hard!! That’s so hilarious! :tearsofjoy:

12. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I've read about crystals and using different herbs/natural ingredients. I chose to invoke God into the spell, but the feeling was different than just a regular prayer. I felt like I was actually participating by really bringing forth my own intention, if that makes sense.

Do you have a fave spell that you turn to?

13. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I find that I turn to a good binding spell occasionally.

Deidre likes this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh yes, runes hold much energy, they are shaped for specific purposes. One of the more popular runes is Thurisaz and we know this as a resemblance of Thor's hammer.

[​IMG]

What's its actually representing is energetic forces from the north and south coming together into that point, which is why Thor's hammer, Mjolnir.88@hotmail.com, is depicted as shorting lightening etc.

In WW2, Hummer was so obsessed with runic energy that the SS even practiced meditation and stretching in the elder Futhark runic stances. He believed this would enrich his soldiers protection, productivity and courage. They were one of the world's best fighting units, probably the best when he was doing that. In fact he even incorporated two Sowilo runes as part of the insignia it meant that much to him and I've since learned that these poses mean a great deal to Hindus also, which makes sense considering much of this tradition was based on Hindu religion and symbolisation.

You can also use runes to write your name all fancy hehe.

[​IMG]

Now the above is specifically in a specific order in which allows us to now use a writing system called branch runes.

[​IMG]

The stroke on the left indicate the row, the strokes on the right indicate the rune. The branch runes then written upside down indicate a change in sentence, word or new paragraph. My miss and I actually have our own code or alphabet sequence so that nobody can really understand what we are writing as we know our rows and system.

As for curse and hex I think they're similar except curse is like a white man word lol and hex is voodoo sounding.

Deidre likes this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Runes are also very potent in love and sex. I can vouch that a combination of runes drawn with your tongue on certain places of the female bode can produce unbelievable results. It's all creativity in which I have my own pattern and sequence that works pretty well. :p

Deidre likes this.
  16. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I cast a spell on you Irminsul. Did it work?

Deidre likes this.
  17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

spells are prayers
    all name are made up by mortals
    but strangeness is real
    and nothing has to be known to exist

Deidre likes this.
  18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I have a tummy ache. :(

19. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Hmmm!

Everyone is suddenly curious about runes :D

Thank you. I was explaining this to a friend of mine today, and she didn't agree. She is an evangelical Christian and just believes that even ''good spells'' are ''evil.'' :oops:

20. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Sorry...you should have been craving Chicken McNuggets and beer. :p