Spells?

Discussion in 'Paganism' started by Pharoah, May 11, 2004.

1. Pharoah

Pharoah Member

I figure we need a list of spells or ceremonies for blessings and whatever else. Heres something I found on Sacred-texts.com I'm eager to try it, since I'm broke and working on a road trip to Mexico. Plus does anyone make their own rituals that they've found to work well?

Prosperity Spell

Rowan Moonstone

The following is a quarterly prosperity spell given to me by Angel and
    Gracie, my first two FamTrad teachers. I have no idea where they got
    it, but I can tell you that it DOES work. I"ve used it for years and
    it never fails to bring me some unlooked for money. I find that I've
    overpaid a bill, or an old debt which I had written off as uncollec-
    tible gets repaid, I find a $20 on the sidewalk, etc. Try it, it
    works!

The spell is to begin at one minute past midnight SUN TIME (I HATE
    daylight savings time when I do this. Means 1AM!) on the night of
    April 30 (May 1), July 31 (Aug 1), Oct 31 (Nov. 1) and Jan 31 (Feb 1)
    In other words, on the first minute of the cross quarter day.

You will need the following:

1 gold candle
    6 green candles
    9 white candles
    Pine oil for anointing candles
    salt

All candles must be dressed with pine oil and then arranged as fol-
    lows:

gold candle in the center
    green candles in a circle around gold candle
    white candles in a circle around green candles.

At one minute past midnight on the appointed day, trace a salt circle
    around the outermost circle of candles, light the gold candle first,
    then the green candles, moving deosil, then the white candles, moving
    deosil. Circle the altar three times, chanting "Orbiting Jupiter
    trine the sun, bring money on the run." Do the chant 3 times also.
    Sit quietly for a few minutes and visualize your monetary NEEDS.
    (needs, not desires). The SNUFF (do not blow or pinch) the candles in
    reverse order.

That's it.
    BB Rowan

2. ForestNymphe

ForestNymphe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Merry Meet...

An old favorite of mine for protection.

Bless three bay leaves by holding them in your right hand during the eve, while the moon is new or full, envisioning protective white light charging up the leaves.
    Keep them in your car, pocket or bag.

For luck, burn fresh rosemary with a little dragon's blood on your altar and light a candle. The color corresponding with what you need luck for. (Red for romance, green for home or work, etc etc) Carving runes is optional. As you gaze upon the candle flame ask the Goddess to bless your venture with luck and see yourself experiencing it.

3. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I've been creating my own rituals for holidays for a while now... I think I've just evolved that way, out of the books and just get more creative.... plus my inner child still wants to get out once in a while, I find myself blowing bubbles and decorating cupcakes for each holiday!

I've also been making my own candles lately, I found it to be cheaper than going out and buying them.... it's even cheaper than dollar store candles! I'd buy wick and sheets of beeswax, cutting it in half or quarters and rolling my own candles. It looks really pretty, esp when blending two colours together, and I love the smell of beeswax!

(Just thought I'd share the idea!)

4. Pharoah

Pharoah Member

Ah the rosemary sounds nice and so does the bay leaf. I'll give that a try tonight! I make my own candles too, I use soy wax. I bought 50lbs of it and have barely scratched the serface of my box! I love it, it holds essential oil so well! Sometimes I still want that regular tall candle wax so I buy up the remnants at the thrift store. I find the regular wax holds better for me anyway, especially when using a plastic mold. Thanks for the sugestions! I'll looks up some more.

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

An easy money spell thing to add to your altar:

Make a small box (that can fit in the palm of your hand) and paint it green, decorate it with gold paint. Leave an opening at the top of the box to put in 7 different pieces of your country's currency (like 1 penny, 1 nickel, etc.. not 7 pennies.)

The night of a full moon, leave this box on your altar, and light 3 green votives. Other decorations for money spell can be credit cards, a piggy bank, etc. Ask the goddess for help with money, but be specific like enough to pay off a debt or the morgage or whatever. An easy generic chant can be:

"Give a shake of the money tree,
    So I may find what I need,
    Find extra change, where I can't see,
    To pay the bills, and a little extra for me."

Let the candles burn out before clearing the altar.

6. PamTSE

PamTSE Member

7. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

thanks pamtse!

8. DJ K.A.L.I.

DJ K.A.L.I. Member

:) - This is a nice spell!

Where did you get it? If you made it up, I love it a lot! Easy to do in a small space, and I have a green box. (No gold on it, and no hole on the top, but it should do ok. )

There is a paint if anyone has seen it. It makes wood look like stone. It is for outside, but does a great job on small jewelry boxes. Looks like stone and feels like stone. It is at Pat Catan's craft store, or any store like Michael's.

I never let candles burn out all the way though. I am always afraid something will catch on fire.

I will give it a go, and see what happens! Thanks!

Dia Beannaucht Leat,
    Kathleen

9. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I read on a couple sites to make a wallet from green materials, green being the colour of growth, luck, prosperity....

10. velvet

velvet Banned

I'm wondering.. with the whole balance thingie going on.. wouldn't it somehow be wrong to ask for money? It seems like a kind of trivial thing to me, seeing all the poverty and hunger in the rest of the world.. I would be afraid that if I asked for money that it's gonna cost someone who might need it more.. you know what I'm saying? Plus the fact that it's purely personal gain, it's not like asking for money so you can pay for the operation of your dieing child or something.. or am I taking this too far now? Just a thought....

11. Pharoah

Pharoah Member

This isnt so much a thread for asking about money I guess, more of asking for the knowledge to sustain oneself and family. I could go into why I need money but its embarrassing to me. Lets just say the 3 of us, in my lil family have no income at all right now besides my vending which makes some food money. I am forever grateful for all that I do have but sometimes I get frustrated with the things I don't have/places I've never seen. As of now I feel the negativity in my life ending which brings me great joy but I still worry about things I don't understand, how I will pay my bills, and raise my son in a fruitful enviroment. We've all got alot of worries and pain and I find that when I practice magic the worries subside and the pain ceases to hurt me. I'd love to hear everyones structured ways of creating this peaceful energy in their lives.

12. velvet

velvet Banned

Pharoah:

I'm sorry to read about your trouble. I thought the spell was just for 'luxury' money.. while you're just seeking a way to help your family, which is very noble ofcourse. I'm sorry if I have offended you or embarresed you.. good luck with everthing!

*sends good vibe*

13. Pharoah

Pharoah Member

Thanks for your good vibes! Thats sweet of you, & no offense taken!

14. BlackHoodedCrow

BlackHoodedCrow Member

I once did a spell for money. Thing is you might have to work for it.
    I own a used book store. Things were going pretty bad a few months back. So I did a spell.
    Within the next few days I was getting some customers few more then usual. Then I got a call from a woman my Mum knows she has been sick for a while asked me if I would like making some extra money on Saturday doing some house cleaning.
    See your not taking money from others. You are given the opportunity to make it!

December

15. velvet

velvet Banned

In that case.. it's pretty cool :) Maybe I should do a spell to direct me to a suitable job.. having a hard time finding what I'm looking for.

A bookstore.. cool :) Do you specialize in a certain genre? I love to hang around in bookstores.. but I tend to avoid it since it usually costs too much money ;)