spearhead!

Discussion in 'Music' started by luna99, May 17, 2004.

1. luna99

luna99 Member

gotta make a thread for my favorite band.. and considering I just started getting into them about a year ago, that's saying a lot.

Not only are they funky but I love the message of hope and love and peace they are spreadin....

please check them out if you haven't...

www.spearheadvibrations.com

2. HappyChild

HappyChild Member

I'm with ya!

3. midnight_toker89

midnight_toker89 Member

oh shit i love spearhead,michael franti is so fukn cool man.i seen a interview with him on free speech tv.i dont know alotta people who have heard of them so good goin man.

lotta love :)

4. luna99

luna99 Member

yeah..and check it... michael, spearhead, and other artists and filmakers are planning on heading to iraq in june to see firsthand what's happening over there and are making a documentary about the trip. Talk about brave and putting your money where your mouth is (so to speak).... that's what I love about michael.... he doesn't just talk the talk and you can tell that he honestly believes every word he's singing.

http://www.spearheadvibrations.com/iraq.html

5. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

Like many bands, I wish I had gotten into Spearhead earlier (A buddy of mine at work told me about them). I downloaded some of their songs off Kazaa, and I love their music.

6. luna99

luna99 Member

yeah, me too.. I got into them about a year ago.... I haven't really heard a lot of their earlier stuff, but I get the feeling it's kinda "harder" and a little more "angry".....

the last two albums are just brilliant and positive ... if anyone reading this is interested... check out the song "soulshine"... that's the first song I ever heard and it got me hooked.

7. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I'm going to see Spearhead in July at the Big Summer Classic! I can't wait for that show. Now too long ago, I bought Everyone Deserves Music, and it's a great album :)

8. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Damn! You're so lucky. :D I'm gonna try and catch 'em this summer.