Spawn bag, is it this simple ?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by ericmst18, Aug 11, 2013.

1. ericmst18

ericmst18 Guest

Im Going tot buy this product,

" Sterilized Rye Mushroom Grow and Spawn Bag w/ injection site "

Ive watched videos, and it basically seems like i have to buy the spores, and be basically extremely clean while doing everything, poke the needle into the injection site and wait for them to grow?

2. ericmst18

ericmst18 Guest

anyone?

3. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

YouTube has plenty of instruction videos. Look there

4. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

This is called invitro growing

It does work but is not the best way

Much better to open the bag and refresh the air after the spawn is fully colonized.... You will get a better yield.... Or better yet pour the colonized grain into a baking pan and case it.

5. ericmst18

ericmst18 Guest

:book:
    so stick the needle in the spawn bag, with putting it under a flame then wiping it with rubbing alcohol then proceed to put the needle into the self healing injection site. then clean the area and put into a dark warm room ( my closet )
    and wait a month. After a month if i see the mushrooms are growing big i can then open the bag right before i pick them to get air and maybe double in size .

i think i'm all ready, correct me if i'm wrong! i'm going to use a spawn bag

6. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

Go to a room with no air current ( turn off you AC)

Sanitize your table with 10% bleach solution

Shake your syringe

Flame the needle

Wipe the needle to cool and wipe the injection site with alcohol

Inject 2 ccs of spore solution aiming for the wall of the bag instead of the spawn itself.... This way the spore solution will run down the wall between the wall and spawn and innoculate a broader area

Place in warm dark area and check it once a week to see how things are going

Once 100% colonized open bag and place in a humid tupperware container and refrsh the air inside the container 3 times a day .. mist the walls to increase humidity and give it some light. Keep fanning and misting the walls of the tupperware container for a week or so and youll have mushrooms