Soy milk...

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Penny, May 9, 2004.

1. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Does anyone like soy milk? I love it... but! only if it's vanilla or something else flavoured, I don't like its taste when it's natural...
    I drink a lot every day, and it completely substitute cow milk, it's even heathier! I make cakes with it, pancakes, crepes, I use it with tea and coffee... etc. although I'm not a veggan and still eat butter/cheese/yogurts and eggs.

2. shutterfly

shutterfly Member

Soy milk rocks!! I like rice milk too.

3. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

Soy milk kicks ass.
    Especially the chocolate soy milk. I tried orange soy milk once and it tasted alot like cardboard.

4. kayatree

kayatree Member

eeww... cardboard.

Vanilla SoyMilk is awesome - I rarely leave the house in the morning without a glass. It's like drinking a milkshake! :)

kayatree

5. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

I like straightup plain flavor soy milk. Is there anything they can't make out of soybeans?

6. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

Ick, the plain soy milk makes me want to gag.

That way I look at it: Cow milk is for baby cows

7. minjeig

minjeig Member

you have a point man, they can make freakin ANYTHING out of those little beans!

8. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I used to buy soy milk.Now I am on whole foods.No more of those white spots on my fingernails (symptom of calcium deficiency).

9. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

I lost the spots on my fingernails as soon as I went vegetarian. How, would soymilk contribute to the white spots?

10. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I don't know.I am not educated in such matters.What I do know is what nutrients a food shows up in a labotatory test and what is actually absorbed by the human body are two different things.

11. Enron

Enron Member

I like Soy-Milk as long as its flavored OR requires refrigeration, anything else has proved IMO to be Uber-Nasty.

12. SexyDreads

SexyDreads Member

I read somewhere that soy products inhibit your body from absorbing much needed nutrients. I think I read it online on some veggie web site. I think its only if you consume mass soy products though. I drink rice milk, but enjoy soy milk every now and then.

Certain soy milks taste different Ive noticed. Like different brands. Anyone else notice?

Peace,
    Jessica

13. HersheDog_BananaCat

HersheDog_BananaCat Member

I love soy Milk vanilla Chocolate Plain anything.. I haven't had a yummy organic one . don't know if its because all the organic ones I've had come in a cardboard package? has anyone noticed? or it's just me?

Love
    Zenia

14. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I tried rice milk a few weeks ago for the first time... It was disgusting, I hated it so much!!!! That tasted like cardboard to me!

Never had chocolate soy milk... but I've had soy milk with chocolate powder in it: very good!

15. indigorainhemp

indigorainhemp Member

We have Trader Joes and they have the best Soy Milk ,,, in teh "trader joes" brand. The Vinnella,,Choc,,Stawberry is WONDERFUL. I even seen a "coffe" flavored but I have not tried that one.

16. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Oh, cofee, that's interesting! But you can still put some coffee in your non-flavoured soy milk and get the same taste! Actually, with vanilla flavour it's very good.

17. indigorainhemp

indigorainhemp Member

Yeah it looked like once of those "frapaccinos" but with soy.
    I like black tea with a spoon or two of soy milk ~ yummy