South Carolina law

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by morrow, Apr 1, 2019.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

Just watched a program about the law that allows older men marry young girls under the legal age, of 16!
    So long as the parents agree to this...
    American people in south Carolina believe that it stops men being found guilty of statutory rape..
    Its talked to women/girls who were victims of this law.. raped, then found to be pregnant, so the families allowed them to marry.. to prevent the man being sent to prison...
    What kind of law is this? Why is this being allowed?

2. Lolli

Lolli Visitor

bollox

3. morrow

morrow Visitor

4. morrow

morrow Visitor

5. morrow

morrow Visitor

So lolli you jumped in with bollox... now what do you have to say?
    Why did you say that? You live in upstate NY?

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I had to look this one up because i've never heard of it

The legal age to marry in SC is 18, or 16 with parental permission

It does appear there's a law that allows minors under 16 to marry if they're pregnant.
    I've never known anyone to marry under the age of 18 and i've lived in SC most of my life...i dont doubt that it does happen, there are some very very rural communities in SC that operate on the fringe of society. But it isnt the norm.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Actually I can think of one example where i've heard of this happening, but it was within a cult. The cult leader was eventually arrested on sex abuse charges

8. morrow

morrow Visitor

27 states in USA still letting this happen.. it's like going back in time.. this law surely is an old law for men? Ok I need to find the 27 states.. sorry.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Not really, more like old laws from a different era that were never removed from the books. There's a ton of laws like that but no one really even knows of their existence because they arent relevant in today's society and they're superceded by more recent laws

10. morrow

morrow Visitor

11. Alice in SC

Alice in SC Senior Member

I was 17 when I got married and I was pregnant, we are still married 44 years later and I love him now just as I did back then!

12. What a beautiful story.

rollingalong likes this.
  13. morrow

morrow Visitor

I was married at 17 and not pregnant.. and as you know Alice, we were not really children. What I'm referring to is child brides, where 14 year olds are marrying grown men.. it's like something from a Muslim country.
    One 44 year old man raped a 14 year old, when she told her parents she was pregnant they hunted him down and made him marry her.. she was horrified and run away..
    How mad is that?

14. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

they arent that backwards down there...I would bet more dads shoot the rapists than force a marriage in SC.…...and there is a silly law against that too...

-a dad

Meliai and Bicaptain My Captain like this.
  15. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

Cut off his nuts then shoot him.

kushkush and rollingalong like this.
  16. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

These Lolita Laws have been on the books for a long time and until women take control of the state legislatures it will go on.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

44 years ago everyone married at 17 lol

18. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

we were 18 and 19 and not pregnant....just dumb is all

morrow likes this.
  19. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

In the Bible Mary is 12 or 13. The reaosn Joseph has not had sex with her is that she has not yet had a period. He has purchased her from her family and will keep her until she can give him male children or at least a girl he can barter with.

Child brides are nothing new in history. And as an American this is a deeply Christian place. Good enough for Mary good enough for your daughter. It's best to just make if offical in the eyes of god sine men will do what men do.

20. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter