Soul Retrieval

Discussion in 'Animism' started by windy, Jun 17, 2012.

1. windy

windy Member

I have no idea where to post this, so I'll start here. Is anybody familiar with the process of soul retrieval and is it something you can do yourself.

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Windy, somewhere I posted something and some people responded telling me about Soul Retrieval. They say it's part of Shamanism. Hopefully, they will see this thread and talk about it some more because I can't find the thread I was talking about.

3. windy

windy Member

Thanks Aerianne. I read Sandra Ingermans' book "Soul Retrieval" along time ago, but I would like to talk to someone who has had direct experience with it.

4. Aerianne

I'm not sure the people who responded to my thread had direct experience but hopefully someone will reply who has.

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I may have responded to that thread, Aerianne, I don't recall.

I've had experience with soul shatter. I haven't read that book so we may not be talking about the same thing. If we are, in my estimation it's not something that you can do yourself. The reason being, it's you and your past that the soul pieces are escaping from, it would be unlikely that you could invite them back without a mediator. (shaman)

I would be interested in hearing some of what that book says about this.

6. windy

windy Member

Yes, soul shatter and soul retrieval sound like the same thing.

You would probably like Ingermans book. She is well respected and learned her stuff from Michael Harner.

7. Tyrsonswood

For soul retrieval from "shatter" one goes into the underworld and invites the lost pieces to come back and reunite with the person, promising that they will not be harmed or frightened ever again. Usually double terminated quartz crystals are used as a vessel for bringing the pieces back to this side of the vale. They are safe inside the crystal for some time unless the crystal is mishandled. When the person is ready the pieces can be reunited to them, making the person whole once again... By being ready, I mean the person is in a safe and secure situation... If they are not ready the shattered pieces will just leave again and may take other pieces with them.

8. windy

windy Member

Have you had an experience with this? If so could you talk about it? I can see why doing this yourself might not work. I am familiar with "journeying" and do understand about visiting the underworld though I can see why my soul pieces wouldn't want to come back with me rather than a mediator who might know ways of handling these situations.

9. Aerianne

This is good stuff...very, very intriguing!

10. Tyrsonswood

My experience would be of one that tried to do this one'self and didn't actually succeed... Or at least that's what I believe happened. I ended up one distraught morning grounding that crystal in a bowl of salt... It seems since that moment I can barely function in this reality. I still feel less than whole, much is lost.

I would not consider myself skillful enough to do this for another. One thing you can do is make yourself ready... When you are truly ready I believe a guide will come to you.

11. windy

windy Member

It is isn't it? Tyrsons Wood could probably explain it better but basically, when you have had trauma in your life, (and this can even mean an operation, major or minor) you lose pieces of your soul. Sometimes you just get a sense that there is something missing you don't feel whole or grounded. Or it can spin out of control into addictions which is a major manifestation of soul loss.

12. windy

windy Member

I am sorry about your experience. That was my reason for this thread. I was a little nervous to try it myself.
    There is a woman who lives maybe 50 miles from me who was trained by Ingerman but she wants $500 for doing a retrieval. I think not. I'd love to learn how to this for others.
    If I ever do I'll let you know :)

13. Tyrsonswood

People that do things like this for a set fee are missing the point and probably not that skilled when it comes down to it... regardless of their training. My feelings about this extends to all those "self-help" gurus out there... One should reward the shaman, certainly, but not at some set price and rarely in cash.

You can't write a check and be healed. It doesn't work that way.

14. windy

windy Member

I agree 100%. How can you put a price on Spirit.

15. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

I heard about this on Coast to Coast AM a couple of weeks ago.

Here's a link about this I just found from their site:

http://www.shamanicteachers.com/

Hope this helps. :)

16. Tyrsonswood

Good link...

Odd that I knew this stuff without reading books and write ups.

17. windy

windy Member

Thanks Justin. Good site :)

18. Aerianne

Yes, an energy exchange should be given. I'm not a fan of money being that energy exchange either.