Sometimes there *are* laws

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Lapsidariant, Jan 16, 2011.

1. StraightToes

StraightToes N/A

LOL, I can't think of much I'd less rather do. The minute one runs for public office every past indiscretion is uncovered, broadcast, scrutinized, and judged. Besides, I'd rather earn an honest living, LOL!!

2. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Are you saying you have skeletons in your closet? :)

I can see it now...

Vote for StraightToes - He has Sole!

3. dennpat

dennpat Member

As usual, StraightToes, you're right on the money regarding your comments above. :2thumbsup: I've also noticed that it's more acceptable for women to be barefoot in public than men. And you're also spot on regarding how many men don't take the time to properly care for their feet. :eek: I notice that around here especially during the warmer months when everybody wears flip-flops in public. :sunny:

I recall reading something online regarding the strict dress codes of Bob Jones University in South Carolina (Evangelical Christian University). Here's the link:

http://www.bju.edu/become-a-student/accepted-students/expectations/dress.php

I thought I had seen that it's OK for the women at BJU to wear sandals and flip-flops on campus, but the men have to always wear closed-toe shoes. (I'd hate to be around when they're in their dorm rooms taking their shoes off at the end of the day--whew! :ack2: )