Sometimes I Think God Is Just Something We Think About In Our Heads.

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by Gangster Guru, Jan 7, 2017.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the unknown being unknown does not prevent anything from existing, and that includes self aware beings who are neither physical nor imaginary.
    at the same time, it also does not require them to be infallible, have the slightest desire to be feared, nor owe jack to what people tell each other,
    even if they carve it in stone and it sits there for thousands of years. (and just because someone went to the effort to carve something in stone,
    x-many thousands of years ago, doesn't prove they were any less full of crap, then we are today. but again, it also doesn't prove that anything 'can't' exist either)

we don't KNOW anything about what ever god or gods might exist, only that the unknown being unknown, does not prevent them from doing so.

so what we think we know about it, yah, that is mostly in our own heads. but i do believe also it is possible to commune psionically, with beings who are neither physical nor imaginary,
    and that at least one such being exists, and maybe hundreds do, or even a whole parallel universe populated by billions of them.

so yes, we can commune with something non-physical in our heads. and that doesn't mean it can only exist there. only that it might or might not.

2. WrongVerb

WrongVerb Members

This is what's known as an Argument from Ignorance.

How does that work? What's the physical mechanism that takes place to allow this? How can I observe it objectively? How do you differentiate "communing with something" from "using your imagination?"

Tishomingo likes this.
  3. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

I have often thought about the world wars and others.
    In Germany. the chaplains were assuring the soldiers that God was on their side and in America and England, it was the same.
    What must God think? I imagine Him slapping His hand to His forehead (I know He's a spirit, but in my heart he's my Father, so...)
    I think of Him groaning, "Oh, Me! What are those children of Mine doing NOW?"

People are sure idiots sometimes.
    But I have never doubted His existence.

4. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

I do wonder at this. WW2 (and all Christian vs Christian wars)
    chaplains on both sides assuring the soldiers that God is on their side.
    God in Heaven:
    Slapping His forehead with His hand( I know He's a spirit but bear with me), He moans,"Oh Me! What are those children of Mine up to now? I can't show favoritism!"
    I never doubted His existence though.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  5. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

we belev in GOOD

6. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

7. ChinaCatSunflower002

ChinaCatSunflower002 Members

Isn’t Bonobo a Trip Hop group?