Something that happens to you that people probably won't understand? or believe?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by intongues, Jul 10, 2013.

1. intongues

intongues The Wizard

For me, one that i've never mentioned to anyone, and always wondered if it's just me..

if I am trying to sleep, with all silence around me, and am just laying in bed or somewhere where there's no movement with my head flat to a pillow.. I alot of the time can hear wierd noises in my head, like a TV is on in another room in the distance and i can hear a tv show, but not sure what one or what's happening just the muffled noise of a tv, or a radio station is coming through a pile of static. I can hear a musical sound but nothing that i can pick, and as soon as i lift my head from the pillow and listen closer, I hear nothing. I think that someone in the house has a tv on but i'm the only one here.. and no tv's are on.

Soon as i lay down again and wait for silence, I hear background noise again.

I can't tell if it's words, or how many people, sometimes it's just one voice like someone talking on a phone

but the muffled sound of talking/background noise comes quite regularly and it's not a bother, it doesn't keep me awake, but it makes me wonder why i'm getting these background noises.

2. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

That could have any number of causes, from the results of excessive drug use to tinnitus proper; I have a severe predisposition to hypnagogic hallucinations and sleep paralysis and sincerely doubt the majority of people would believe me when I describe the visions and bizarre experiences I've had along with the intensity and vividness.

I have a friend who has never tried any drugs besides alcohol and herb, and he has difficulty believing me when I describe DMT and Psilocybin visions to him. Well, but as Herodotus shared in his Histories, ""Gyges, I think that thou dost not believe me when I tell thee of the beauty of my wife, for it happens that men's ears are less apt of belief than their eyes: contrive therefore means by which thou mayest look upon her naked."

3. JKHolman

JKHolman Member

I am a city boy living in the country. It is so quiet out here that the bugs are loud.

- JKHolman

4. LornaDoom

LornaDoom Senior Member

I have had a supernatural experience not to long ago..not sure if it was a acid flashback or what..I was a changed person for about 2 weeks..some bizarre circumstances..somehow, someway I ended up in the psychiatric hospital..the only one that knows the real truth is one person. I could explain it to others and they would just think I was crazy so I keep it to myself. I really dont think it was drugs though. I was completely sober when these things were happening to me.

5. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

I have a story which involves me running after a beautiful naked and obviously mentally challenged woman in the middle of the night in the city trying to get her to put her clothes back on. that is the end of the story, the rest is fucking brilliant too.

i don't tell the story anymore because i can see in their eyes that people think i'm lying, it really got me down, so i keep it to myself.

6. wcw

wcw Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I hear something similar except my noise just sounds like radio static. If I have earplugs in, like when I have to sleep during the day, I hear it better and if I concentrate on the noise, the tone changes.

Mine might be tinnitus or something.

7. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

This isn't something paranormal or anything but it is something that I don't tell anyone very often because they may not believe it and it's something you don't just tell everyone. It doesn't matter if I tell you guys now because most involved have already passed away.

In the 80's, certain members of my family including my grandpa were responsible for an estimated 80% of the weed that came into our state. I don't know how grandpa came up with that percentage but that was his estimate. You would have never guessed that an average looking old man was in control of that much pot and it was A LOT! Needless to say, I learned all about pot and the business from a completely different perspective than most people. I could tell you guys a lot of stories but this is enough for now.

8. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Psychic Dreams

9. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

That same thing happens to me. Late at night when I'm laying in bed I can sometimes hear really faint music that sounds like its coming from a music box. It's really quiet. I've asked my husband if he can hear it and he tells me no. I even went as far as taking all of the alarm clocks out of our bedroom thinking it was something coming through that with the radio waves or something but I can still hear it. I just figured I was crazy.

10. Ol' Zeus

Ol' Zeus Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Cornbread Mafia? OMERTA!

11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Certain pillows have been known to amplify sounds so when you put your ear on the pillow you block out all other sounds except those that are being picked up which could include distant voices or music coming from next door or from down the block :eek:

Hotwater

12. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I sleepwalk, or that is what they technically label it as but it is not simply sleep walking.

13. nz male

nz male Senior Member

Nothing worse than waking up in the middle of the night & just as you are getting back to sleep, a noisy vehicle goes roaring along the street & another noises start up & stops you getting to sleep again when you really need it most.

14. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

That happens to me on every Monday morning. The garbage trucks come by very early. I hear them and so does our smaller dog. She freaks out...every time for just a few seconds until I call her name. I only have to call her name once and she goes right back to sleep. It's like she just wants to make sure somebody knows about whatever is going on outside. As soon as she know that I hear it she's done with it...luckily. Then I just have to wait a few minutes for the garbage guys to get done with my block.

15. intongues

intongues The Wizard

glad it's not just me.
    If I were in an apartment building or condo or something i'd think it was just from a far away noise, but always when I hear it i'm home in bed, in a detached house, all music and electronics turned off, and silent as can be.

Yet I can still listen and hear faint noise, music, talking, tv, whatever it is..

16. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I have an almost psychic ability to pickup on emotions and intentions from people, even through the medium of Hip Forums.
    I probably know some of you a lot more than you may realize. ;)

At times with some people it has almost stopped me in my tracks the impressions I get are so strong.
    It's not like I mind read or something, I just pickup strong emotions, usually negative, and also get a flood of impressions of the hows and why's of the person.
    Hard to exactly explain, but it really isn't much fun at all and I actually try to "control" it, but often to no avail.

In essence, I often get a flood of impressions from people that are mostly emotions and along with it a sense of how, why, what and where of how they came to be that person.

I would have to technically classify it as a Gift of the Holy Spirit, because that is when it "activated", after my conversion experience.
    It is also one of the reasons I have shied away from that path.

Hmmm, maybe time for some self re-evaluation.?????

17. laughing-buddha

laughing-buddha Relax and have fun

Yes, It does happen to me, and it troubles a lot.

Whenever someone is speaking to me, my mind starts reading beyond his words, and
    I usually see greed, insecurity or anger in their whole expression.

This distorts my response and they usually take it as some irrelevant response.

As a result, I prefer to keep silent, speak little or avoid interactions altogether.

Honestly, its a huge pressure.

18. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

nice to know I'm not the only one. :mickey:

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

cops killed my brother crooked judge tried to lock me up for his shit..

20. laughing-buddha

laughing-buddha Relax and have fun

Yes, Really good to know :)