Something that doesn’t make sense about Star Wars

Discussion in 'The Future' started by TrumpCards, Apr 8, 2018.

1. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

Ok, there’s lots of things that don’t make since about Star Wars, but this one might take the cake.

Why is it in a universe where people can fly space ships and shoot laser guns, they don’t have the technology to adjust the gender and amount of children someone can have? I read an interesting article where a woman was able to get pregnant by using her own bone marrow. Because it’s only using her chromosomes, the baby will always be female. However, because it’s only her chromosomes, there’s a good chance that girl will have Down Syndrome (just like with incest). The point is, we are making fantastic progress towards being able to pick the gender of your kids before they are born, so why didn’t the idiots who made Star Wars think about that?

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Where to start:

1) Why would the masses being able to pick the gender of their kids be "fantastic"

2) Down syndrome is caused by an extra copy of chromosome 21 or translocation; chromosome 21 interferring with other chromosomes during cell division, its got nothing to do with whether the parents are related

3) No one has ever concieved a child with their own bone marrow

4) Why would anyone think about gender selection of children first when finding faults in Star Wars?

3. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

1: I would most people would want to be able to pick their babies’ genders before they are born.

4: The fact that Queen Amidsla dies giving birth to twins means that if they had the technology to safely remove one without aborting it, that’s something she should have taken advantage of.

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

why are they still fighting with fucking swords?

soulcompromise likes this.
  5. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

I know. That’s another reason why I really hate Zero in the Megaman X series. What idiot brings a sword to a gun fight?

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

to be fair, master chief is a beast with the energy sword.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You guys are aware their lightsabers reflect the gunfire right. Who's the idiot when you survive and your enemies die by their own blasters ;)

8. morrow

morrow Visitor

Do we get free pop corn with this? I need something else to distract me from this crazy conversation..
    I know people like science fiction.. but come on.... LOL!

9. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Its like the same as this Right !
    If Ged Clampitt is such a good shot then How come he missed the rabbit ( no one has given me a proper explanation for that one yet )

morrow likes this.
  10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i did not realize that, but then who actually has the reflexes to bat back a bullet? or a light ray or whatever they used.

11. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Still haven't seen "Star Wars: The Last Jedi". They have it at the library, but the waiting list is probably a mile long.

I think star wars is creative. I just watched Luke fight Kylo Ren, or whatever his name is, in a lightsaber duel on youtube the other day. I wish they would let me stream the whole movie for free. :)

12. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This must be a newer generation or something. Star Wars is freakin awesome! Lightsabers are not just swords, they are more lethal than the average "sword". You can burn through steel doors with them and the cutting power is phenomenal. You can cut people in half with very little effort. Its all fantasy, regardless.

wilsjane likes this.
  13. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

Maybe he was high at the time?

14. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Bin smoking Crawdads ?

15. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Jedi

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

meh, fuck jedi reflexes. if they have the technology to make a sword that reflects bullets, they might as well just make a bullet proof vest out of light saber material.

machinist likes this.
  17. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oh, you are using an example from the prequels?

There isnt a thread long enough to go on about whats wrong with those three movies.

The Phantom Suckfest, Attack of the Snores, Revenge of the I want my fuckin money back

19. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Because the film companies wanted to get rich selling millions of plastic swords to the kids.
    I was just surprised that they did not feed the robots on starwars popcorn. :yum::yum::yum::yum:

20. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Those swords don't work. !!!!!

The kids could not even use them to burn through the back door of the cinema and get in to watch the film for free. :yum::yum::yum:

Irminsul and Eric! like this.