Something interesting you learned recently

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by YouFreeMe, May 12, 2019.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

fake matzoes. lol. when i went to protestand churches many years ago, the used salteens.

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, i was brought up in catholic churches.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The term "Rubber Match" is often used in baseball to describe the deciding game of a tied series and I learned that the origins of this term are thought to derive from a medieval English game called lawn bowling where the objective is to roll a ball towards another ball as close as possible without touching or "rubbing" against it, or else the player is eliminated.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

there aint not sunshine when shes gone..

5. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It's not warm when she's away.

Orison likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

oh god i hate eating Jesus' body, it tastes like cardboard!
    But I don't mind drinking his blood, cause that dude must've been wasted 24hrs a day. :D

Orison and parua like this.
  7. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

an average of four shipping containers a day are lost from ships into the ocean.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Shipping containers are one of the biggest concerns for yachts because they are able to stay semi floating just under sea level, not seen by yachts.

Orison and Driftrue like this.
  9. JRHardy

JRHardy Members

Michael Peterson b.k.a. Charles Bronson was at both Rampton and Broadmoor Hospitals for the criminally insane for a time.

MeAgain likes this.
  10. parua

parua Members

Orangutan children do not become independent from their parents for up to 10 years.

Driftrue likes this.
  11. We are dead. The very spark of life is of a more transcendent nature than just being "of this world." It is of many worlds. These worlds we exist in are not primal, for there is life first and then everything that happens after the immediacy of life, or the "after" life. We are in life after life. And life after life.

For everything is divided by the experiencer and the objective world. They are of two different essences altogether, the light and the dark. There's no dictating the essence of what experience is like for every single person, nor could you dictate that experience for every person was not fundamentally bizarre. So what is the nature of reality? It's a black and white question; it's either bizarre or its not. How do you determine whether or not something is bizarre?!

I learned that you can't really dictate what objective reality is essentially like. You can say how it functions, but that is totally irrelevant as to the question of whether its functions are bizarre or not. If they seem so perfectly ordinary to everyone, then why isn't everyone born knowing it?

parua and Driftrue like this.
  12. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

A glow in the dark shark has been discovered in the Gulf of Mexico.

[​IMG]

Far out!​

13. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Really? !

14. parua

parua Members

They always stuck to the roof of my mouth.

Orison likes this.
  15. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Yes.

16. morrow

morrow Visitor

A peanut is not a nut!

Peanuts aren't actually a true nut; they're a legume (in the same family as peas and lentils). But the proteins in peanuts are similar in structure to those in tree nuts.

How cool is that?

guerillabedlam and Driftrue like this.
  17. oxo

oxo Members

I can be objective as when I pinch myself it hurts so how bizarre is that.. Means I can't be dead can I ?

18. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

At the church I grew up going to, the priest would hold up the Eucharist to each person receiving it and say "The body of Christ", but he sort of drawled when he spoke so it sounded like one word, and I always thought he was saying "Tobias", and I was puzzled for a very long to as to who Tobias was.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I just learned that Charlize Theron has been in some of the Fast and Furious movies

What the hell? Didnt she win an oscar once?

20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think she did for Monster, where she portrayed a serial killer.