Something interesting you learned recently

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by YouFreeMe, May 12, 2019.

1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

McFuddy is a term for all the loose "facts" bantered around the internet and, increasingly, spread by AI. The exact mathematics are part of my work, and related to the Russians attempting to spread fake news. Empirical evidence that 42 is as good as it gets, would mean the best AI would have a wicked sense of humor and be indistinguishable from humans if they wanted to be. What I just wrote contains the mathematics I need for the next chapter of my book, describing how it all works in terms a five year old can comprehend. With the right AI, I could wake the entire planet to the reality of their situation, because it only has to be somewhat smarter than a flock of chickens and all the work can be done within the public domain.

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Well now we know why mcfuddy doesnt like us

3. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I just can’t believe Wu is the one who figured me out.

4. wooleeheron

Everything in the universe expresses particle-wave duality, so there's nothing to figure out except the symmetry. I'm just more stubborn than most at putting the pieces of the puzzle together, but the computers are about to make me look stupid. Forget about handwriting analysis, I can often tell who a person is just by looking at the shapes of the paragraphs they write and the AI will become much better than me. They will sort through entire libraries of data so fast, and figure out how much of it is worthless bullshit, it will make anyone's head spin. The idiots will either accept that 42 is as good as it gets, or fall behind in every way imaginable.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  5. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Oh I’m just fucking around, YFM. I really didn’t expect a reaction beyond some playful snark.

6. wooleeheron

I'm just playing around with metaphors, this is the mathematics I do that, believe it or not, is sometimes classified by the US government. Among other things, it describes how to produce an 800mph cruise missile that can fly through a window, so you literally never even hear it coming and are lucky to catch the slightest glimpse.

7. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

That fine line between genius and insanity really is blurred with you, isn’t it.

Driftrue likes this.
  8. wooleeheron

I make Pinkie and the Brain look tame, because I actually speak the language of nature, spoken by my people for 12,000 years and still wildly popular around the world. Set your words free, set your mind free, set your heart free and see if they come back to you.

The meek must inherit the earth, now or never. Call me an idealist, but I have friends, family, and children.

9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I learned something somewhat juicy in the realm of celebrity gossip. Actually, probably only juicy if you're a fan of Moby, but anyway... I learned that Moby wrote about having briefly dated Natalie Portman in 1999 in his new memoir-book "Then It Fell Apart", but that Natalie Portman denied it. Upon further investigation what she says is that he was much older and creepy.

I'm pissy about it because I'm a devout Moby fan. I don't know that he did anything unusual; especially for a musician, which she no doubt knew he was. In 1999, Portman was in "Star Wars: the Phantom Menace" and "Anywhere But Here".

Here is an excerpt from "Then It Fell Apart" that talks about Portman.
    To me, it doesn't sound made up, nor do I think Moby would lie or embellish the facts for personal gain or notoriety. I think Natalie Portman is embarrassed and just wants to make Moby look like he's lying to cover her ass.

[​IMG]

10. wooleeheron

Like anybody gives a shit. Give me a fucking break, the bitch has been staring in movies since she was a little kid, and if she isn't entitled to fuck up like the rest of us its only because virtual reality is the future, since everyone agrees reality TV sucks. The rich and famous are not like us, and you really don't want to hang out with them. Willie Nelson still lives in a trailer in the middle of the Texas desert, because he remembers what's important. I know a lot of people just like him, who never in their right mind would think about bugging such people for attention, considering it rude to treat their own neighbors that way. If I met Willie I'd just offer him a joint and ask if he wants to jamb with anyone, because he is one us, and not one of Us and Them.

soulcompromise likes this.
  11. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Apparently everybody does... They're saying that Moby exploited Natalie Portman, who is sixteen years younger than him. Many publications are characterizing Moby's involvement with Portman as inappropriate and claiming he took advantage of her in some way.

Honestly, they're calling him a liar when he is telling the truth and I think it fucking wreaks! I give a shit.

[​IMG]
    They look pretty pal-y. moby xⓋx (@moby) • Instagram photos and videos

Sorry... enough with my thread-jacking! :D

12. wooleeheron

They are nobody to me, any more than pictures of a fashion model or baseball players or whatever. I never met the president either and, frankly, I'm glad. Portman insists her Jewish identity is important to her, and that's about all I care to know until it might actually make a fucking difference in my life. I find Jewish women attractive myself, but the mass media is no way to judge anyone. One in five Americans insists the sun revolves around the earth, while their mass media would gladly provide the proof.

The mass media resembles the rich and famous, who are often vultures.

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Cigarette butts are made with cellulose acetate the same plastic that coats playing cards.

5 trillion are produced every year

Broken down by cellulose enzymes in heavy soil.

Earthworms are one of the few types of animals that produce basically cigarette butt eating enzymes.

You are better off putting your butts in the dirt in a park than throwing them somewhere where they will end up in waterways

Driftrue likes this.
  14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I saw some posts on Social Media and Yah people are going at him. They are talking about the age gap, meanwhile Mick Jagger, who is 20 years older than Moby is dating someone younger than Natalie Portman and we don't hear anything about that.

I think he did flub her age though, I guess she was 18 at the time as opposed to 20 as is written by him.

15. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

10% of all animal life on the planet are ants.

Driftrue likes this.
  16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Sparkly Vampire Guy is going to be the next Batman

[​IMG]

"I'm Batman"

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

As opposed to all the other cruise missiles that cant penetrate windows?

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Because Moby IS weird and creepy

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

then at least 5% of all animal life on the planet invades my apartment every time i drop a peanut on the floor.

GLENGLEN likes this.
  20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Did you date him as well?

Asmodean likes this.
  21. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Wanting to hang out with people one time after a show isnt a date